Recap / South Park S 15 E 1 Humancenti Pad
Kyle agrees to his iTunes Terms and Conditions without reading it and ends up being part of Apple's newest experiment.
Was the subject of the documentary TV special 6 Days To Air: The Making of South Park
This episode provides examples of:
- An Aesop: Always read before you sign, because you might be signing up for things you didn't want.
- Beyond the Impossible: All the kids are able to use their devices just fine without agreeing to the terms of service.
- Bolt of Divine Retribution: Cartman yells at God after his HumancentiPad is taken away. Cartman is then struck by lightning and ends up in a hospital room.
- Bread, Eggs, Milk, Squick: Cartman is overjoyed at the capabilities of the HumancentiPad: e-mail, Web browsing, and shitting in Kyle's mouth
- Jerkass Has a Point: Steve jobs might be holding people against their will and doing horrible things to them that spits in the face of man and God, but he's not doing any of it without their legal, written permission to do so. He even gets angry at Kyle for just signing a contract placed in front of him without even looking at it, which allows them to keep doing the experiment.
- Read the Fine Print: Kyle and the others clicked yes without knowing what they signed up for:
Butters: "By clicking 'Agree,' you are also acknowledging that Apple may sew your mouth to the butthole of another iTunes user. Apple and its subsidiaries may, if necessary, sew another person's mouth to your butthole, making you a being that shares one gastral tract." I'm going to click on...'Decline.'"
- Replacement Goldfish: Since Apple took Kyle away, the Genuises offer the boys a replacement friend.
- Shout-Out: The episode's plot and title are based on The Human Centipede.
- Space Whale Aesop: Read the fine print or else you'll accidentally agree to be surgically conjoined with two other people in a human centipede and agree to further waivers of your rights.
- Tempting Fate: Kyle tells a man that Apple doesn't really track where users are at all times and its just a rumor.
- Took a Level in Badass: Liane doesn't stand for any of Cartman's nonsense in this episode.