Recap: South Park S 14 E 8 Poor And Stupid
Cartman fears his dreams of being a NASCAR race driver are dashed when he feels he doesn't fit what he believes to be the criteria to be in NASCAR driver, poor and stupid. He resorts to drastic measures to ensure he can reach his dreams.
This episode includes examples of:
- The Dog Bites Back: After putting up with her husband insulting her for the entire episode, Patty Hamill ruins his sponsorship and causes the collapse of Vagisil in a single NASCAR race.
- Driven to Suicide: Cartman asks the doctor to pull the plug on him while he's in the hospital, but the doctor points out he's not on life support so pulling the plug would do nothing
- Hypocritical Humor: Kenny is not allowed to have a sniper rifle in his bag at NASCAR, but he is allowed to buy one at the gift shop
- Innocently Insensitive: Butters thinks using Cartman's money to buy living supplies for the NASCAR fans is helping the needy when all he was doing was believing the stereotype of NASCAR fans
- Insane Troll Logic: Cartman insists all NASCAR drivers are successful because they're poor and stupid
- Cartman insists he's not poor and stupid because he's not a NASCAR driver no matter how many ridiculous stunts he pulls off that could've killed him.
- Jerkass: Jeff Hamill, he repeatedly insults her vaginal odor on air showing no remorse for doing so.
- Never My Fault: Cartman told Butters to spend all of his money, only to get pissed at Butters at the end and expect his money back
- Take That: Cartman tries to loses brain cells by watching Two and a Half Men
- Too Dumb to Live: Cartman hijacking a car and driving it during the race is just the tip of the iceberg. Several people throughout the episode tell Cartman how stupid he is.Doctor: Of all the dumb ways I've seen kids hurt themselves yours take the retard cake.