- Call-Back: When George starts to freak out at dinner, thinking Jane and Rachel are laughing about his shrinkage, Jerry tells him, "easy, big fella." This is a line from George's speech at the end of "The Marine Biologist" earlier in the season.
- Disproportionate Retribution: George attempts to invoke this. After Jerry gets to see Jane topless, George claims that he should be allowed to see Rachel naked.
- He also inflicts this on Rachel at the end of the episode. In revenge for her telling Jane about his shrinkage, he serves her scrambled eggs without telling her they contain lobster, which is against her religion.
- Naked First Impression: Rachel accidentally walks in on George while changing. As retribution, George tries to catch her naked.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: Jane just walks topless in front of Jerry, Kramer and Elaine without an ounce of shame.
- Take Our Word for It: The audience never sees the baby.
- Teeny Weenie: Though George insists it's due to "shrinkage".
George: I was in the pool!
- You Keep Using That Word: Elaine is flattered when Ben calls her "breathtaking," but starts getting suspicious when says the same thing about the hideous baby. As it turns out, it's just something he says. She later gives him an exasperated look when he says the same thing about breakfast.
Recap / Seinfeld S 5 E 21 The Hamptons
The gang visit some friends in the Hamptons to spend the weekend, during the course of which each have their own unique dilemma to deal with. George's girlfriend, Jane, comes with him, and he hopes to consummate their relationship on the trip. However, the first afternoon of their stay, while he's away buying some tomatoes, Jane sunbathes topless, starts walking around, and gets seen by everyone but George. Later, George gets seen naked by Jerry's girlfriend, Rachel, after having experienced "shrinkage" by swimming in the pool. Afterwards, he fears that she has told Jane about it, and that they're laughing about it behind his back. Jerry and Elaine see their hosts' baby for the first time, only to realize that it's the ugliest baby they've ever seen, and that his parents are oblivious to it. Meanwhile, Elaine flirts with the family pediatrician, Ben, after he calls her "breathtaking." However, she becomes confused when he later describes the ugly baby the exact same way. Meanwhile, Kramer finds a cage of live lobsters while exploring the beach, and brings them back to make dinner for everyone. However, it turns out that Kramer illegally (unknowingly) poached the lobsters from a commercial trap, and their host is not too happy about it.