- Dad the Veteran : Elaine's father is a veteran of the Korean conflict.
- Doomed New Clothes: Turns out snow really isn't good for suede.
- Ear Worm: An in-universe example. George saw Les MisÚrables and can't get "Master of the House" out of his head.You know, Schumann died from that.
- Grumpy Old Man : Alton Benes. Portrayed by Lawrence Tierney.
- Have I Mentioned I Am Heterosexual Today? : George has to preface his compliment by pointing out he's not the least bit gay. Although Elaine's father thinks he is.
- Hey, It's That Guy! : Joe Cabot is Elaine's dad!
- Space Clothes : Referenced during Jerry's opening act. Every movie he's seen about the future or space seems to have a similar outfit, rendering fashion irrelevant.
Recap / Seinfeld S 2 E 3 The Jacket
Jerry buys a very expensive suede jacket, which he wears to meet Elaine's intimidating father.