Recap / Renand Stimpy5x 06 I Was A Teenage Stimpy Whos Stupid Now
I Was a Teenage Stimpy
: Ren and Stimpy deal with the onset of Stimpy's puberty.Who's Stupid Now?
: To keep their show on the air, Ren and Stimpy have to switch their roles - Ren becomes the fat idiot and Stimpy the skinny jerk.
"I Was a Teenage Stimpy" contains examples of:
- Bratty Teenage Daughter: Stimpy becomes a parody of this trope, from hogging the phone to putting up a sign up that's obviously a play on "No Boys Allowed" in his room.
- Parental Substitute: Ren is this for Stimpy, at least in this episode.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Ren reads a "corn" magazine called Husk, which Stimpy steals later to look at for himself.
- At one point, Stimpy looks at the Husk magazine and grows hair on his back. One of the old wives' tales about masturbation is that it'll put hair on your palms.
- Happier Home Movie: Ren watches old home movies of him playing baseball with a younger Stimpy.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: When Ren goes to smack Stimpy with an oar, he remarks "I should have done this back in scene 36."
- Painful Transformation: Stimpy as he goes through puberty.
- Shout-Out: Stimpy's high school friends are overgrown versions of Archie and Jughead.
- Soap Punishment: Ren sticks the whole bar into Stimpy's mouth for talking back to him.
- Teens Are Monsters: Stimpy takes this to an almost literal degree with his metamorphosis and his rare grasp of the Jerkass Ball.
- You Are Grounded
"Who's Stupid Now?" contains examples of:
- Executive Meddling: An un-universe example. The show's ratings are low, so the execs change Ren and Stimpy's roles, with Stimpy being the skinny jerk and Ren as the fat idiot.
- Humiliation Conga: As if his dream of being the "fat loveable idiot" turning into a nightmare isn't the worst of his troubles, Ren (who is now the fat idiot) gets ragged on by his boss and Stimpy (who is now the skinny jerk).
- Personality Swap: When Ren and Stimpy switch places, Ren's intelligence decreases while Stimpy becomes meaner.