Recap: Renand Stimpy5x 06 I Was A Teenage Stimpy Whos Stupid Now
I Was a Teenage Stimpy: Ren and Stimpy deal with the onset of Stimpy's puberty.Who's Stupid Now?: To keep their show on the air, Ren and Stimpy have to switch their roles - Ren becomes the fat idiot and Stimpy the skinny jerk.
"I Was a Teenage Stimpy" contains examples of:
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Ren reads a "corn" magazine called Husk, which Stimpy steals later to look at for himself.
- At one point, Stimpy looks at the Husk magazine and grows hair on his back. One of the old wives' tales about masturbation is that it'll put hair on your palms.
- Happier Home Movie: Ren watches old home movies of him playing baseball with a younger Stimpy.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: When Ren goes to smack Stimpy with an oar, he remarks "I should have done this back in scene 36."
- Painful Transformation: Stimpy as he goes through puberty.
- Shout-Out: Stimpy's high school friends are overgrown versions of Archie and Jughead.
- Soap Punishment: Ren sticks the whole bar into Stimpy's mouth for talking back to him.
- Teens Are Monsters: Stimpy takes this to an almost literal degree with his metamorphosis and his rare grasp of the Jerkass Ball.
- You Are Grounded