Stimpy's Cartoon Show contains examples of...
- Body Horror: Wilbur Cobb seems like an ordinary senile old man, but throughout his introduction it's revealed that he's literally falling apart, although he remains blissfully unaware of it. Underneath his glasses, his eyes are just shrunken holes, both his arms fall off, then inexplicably get reattached, and his left ear rots off and falls on Stimpy's head. He's basically a walking talking corpse
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Wilbur Cobb.
- Mockumentary Most of the episode is about Stimpy engaged in the tedious, time consuming, and boring animation process. It shows Stimpy drawing individual animation cels, creating story boards, taking camera shots of each cel, editing the footage, and finally submitting the finished product for approval. All the while The Producer which is Ren does nothing except boss Stimpy around, crush his spirit by giving the axe to most of Stimpy's Story Boards, charge Stimpy money for supplies,and lay around like he's on vacation. At one point Stimpy is so desperate for animation cels, that he slices off pieces of a log as thinly as possible to create them.
- Rambling Old Man Monologue: Wilbur Cobb gets some impressive examples of this trope.Cobb: World War I. So there I was, up to my elbows in Nazis! But don't get me wrong. I'll eat just about anything, so long as it's easy to swallow!
- Stylistic Suck: Stimpy's cartoon, animated by writer Ron Hauge.
- Take That: Some of the stuff Ren does as a producer is apparently similar to things John K. himself did.