Recap / Renand Stimpy2x 02 Rens Toothache Mans Best Friend
Ren doesn't bother to brush his teeth at all, so his teeth fall out.Man's Best Friend
George Liquor (American) buys Ren and Stimpy from a pet store and disciplines them in various ways.
Ren's Toothache contains examples of...
''Man's Best Friend contains examples of...
- Art Shift: When George first sees Ren and Stimpy, they are caricatured as a more realistic dog and cat.
- Drill Sergeant Nasty: George is seen in such an outfit the next morning.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Animator Bill Wray called this "an analogy of the mixed messages that parents give their children." To quote writer and story editor Will Mc Robb, Liquor is akin to "a father who wants best for his children, not realizing that he is really abusing them."
- Family-Unfriendly Violence: The oar beating scene, which is why Nickelodeon never aired it back when Ren and Stimpy was treated as a children's show (with all the instances of Executive Meddling associated with it).
- Gainax Ending: The episode ends with Ren, Stimpy, and George Liquor all dancing with lawn cigars in their mouths.
- Hit Stop: Ren hitting George in the face with an oar, which spoofs Raging Bull.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Ren's thrashing of Liquor, again.
- Road Apples: The Lawn Cigar chew toys.
- Sleep Cute: Ren and Stimpy are first seen in this episode in the window of the pet store, asleep on top of each other. And it is adorable.