Recap: Renand Stimpy2x 01 In The Army Powdered Toastman
In The Army
The Boot Camp Episode
, which has Ren and Stimpy surviving boot camp by a particularly tough sergeant.Powdered Toastman
This episode features the antics of Ren and Stimpy's favorite food mascot.
In The Army contains examples of...
Powdered Toastman contains examples of...
- Bowdlerization: When this episode reran on Nickelodeon, the scenes with the Pope/Man in the Pointy Hat and the scene where Powdered Toast Man uses some dusty old papers (The Constitution' and the Bill of Rights) to start the fire in the fireplace was cut after Nickelodeon's censors complained. While the "Powdered Toast Man burns the Constitution and Bill of Rights" scene did cross the line (to audiences in the United States), the Pope scenes were most likely cut out of fear that religious groups would complain.
- The Cameo: Frank Zappa as the Pope/Man in the Pointy Hat.
- Dastardly Whiplash: Muddy Mudskipper plays one.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: To save a kitten, Powdered Toastman stops a truck by crashing a plane into it.
- Satire: In addition to farcing superhero cliches, the episode satirizes how easily abused political power is.
- Save the Villain: The Pope gets Powdered Toastman to save Muddy. Subverted when Powdered Toastman ties Muddy to his own bomb while the Pope is not looking.
- Something Else Also Rises: In the final shot, Powdered Toast Man is roasting a sausage while his lovely assistant is roasting a half-melted marshmallow next to it.
- Strapped to a Bomb: Muddy Mudskipper has the Pope tied to a barrel of lit dynamite.