Recap / Renand Stimpy1x 05 Marooned Untamed World
Ren and Stimpy crash land on some unknown planet in the second "Commander Hoëk and Cadet Stimpy" segment, and with the help of the latter's "Cadet Handbook", they scout around and look for things to survive off on this planet. Do they succeed? Is there any chance of survival on this planet? Well... no.Untamed World
The duo travel to the Galapagos Islands and we discover that everything on the islands look just like them.
Marooned contains examples of...
Untamed Wild: contains examples of...
- Bait-and-Switch: Af first it appears that the seagull is going to eat the baby soft-shelled stimpy, but it's only asking it for change.
- Brick Joke: Ren getting tagged by Stimpy pays off a few scenes later.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: The close-up of Ren's mouth as he says "organisms". If you notice carefully, it's clear he's saying... something similar.
- Letting the Air Out of the Band: Happens with both the music and the dialogue when Ren gets hit by a tranquilizer dart.
- Lighter and Softer: Perhaps the least violent of the original episodes, and one of the only episodes where Ren doesn't scream at all.
- Mix-and-Match Critters: The wildlife of the Galapagos islands are some combination of either Ren or Stimpy and some random animal.
- Mood-Swinger: Ren is pretty calm as he narrates, until he and Stimpy chase after the burrowing, speckle-throated, five-toes yak to tag him.
- Multipurpose Tongue: When showing how the cave ren eats a fly in slow-motion, the tongue is shown slapping the fly, picking it up and throwing it into the mouth.
- Nature Show
- Oh, Crap!: The yak, when Ren and Stimpy plan to tag him.
- Only Six Faces: Parodied: all the animals they find in the Galapagos look like either Ren or Stimpy.
- Pokémon Speak: The crocostimpy can only say "Happy, happy. Joy, joy."
- Wildlife Commentary Spoof: Being a spoof of Wildlife documentaries, this is a given.