Recap: Renand Stimpy1x 05 Marooned Untamed World
MaroonedRen and Stimpy crash land on some unknown planet, and with the help of the latter's "Cadet Handbook", they scout around and look for things to survive off on this planet. Do they succeed? Is there any chance of survival on this planet? Well... no.Untamed WorldThe duo travel to the Galapagos Islands and we discover that everything on the islands look just like them.
Marooned contains examples of...
- Appearance Is in the Eye of the Beholder: The alien creature appears to Ren as a sexy female chihuahua. When Stimpy sees it, it appears as a bag of kitty litter, which is why he finds it odd when Ren starts romancing it.
- Great Big Book of Everything: The Cadet Handbook.
- Hold Your Hippogriffs: "No use crying over spilt mitochondria ."
- The Little Detecto: Stimpy uses one to scan for food. Eventually he gives his findings: "This thing makes the coolest noises!"
- Non-Standard Character Design: The monster, in its lady chihuahua form, has a realistically-drawn head.
- Title Drop:Commander Hoek: We're marooned!Cadet Stimpy: Just like the title of this cartoon!
- Weird Moon: Stimpy peeks out of the tent and invites Ren to look. When Ren sticks his head out, he bumps into the moon, which is only inches away.
Untamed Wild: contains examples of...
- Bait and Switch: Af first it appears that the seagull is going to eat a baby turtle, but it's only asking it for change.
- Letting the Air Out of the Band: Happens with both the music and the dialogue when Ren gets hit by a tranquilizer dart.
- Mix-and-Match Critters: The wildlife of the Galapagos islands are some combination of either Ren or Stimpy and some random animal.
- Nature Show
- Only Six Faces: Parodied: all the animals they find in the Galapagos look like either Ren or Stimpy.
- Recycled Script: The story was basically borrowed for an earlier story made for the failed Beany And Cecil revival that John K previously worked on.
- Smurfing: The crocostimpy can only say "Happy, happy. Joy, joy."
- Wildlife Commentary Spoof: Being a spoof of Wildlife documentaries, this is a given.