Recap: Renand Stimpy1x 03 Space Madness The Boy Who Cried Rat
Space MadnessRen and Stimpy are watching themselves on TV as astronauts going into outer space.While on a six-year break in space, Ren and Stimpy spend some quality time together, but the stress of being stuck alone in space stresses out Ren, and no matter what Stimpy does, Ren just keeps getting more and more insane. Finally, Ren tricks Stimpy into giving into the stress as well by tempting him into pushing the HISTORY ERASER BUTTON!The Boy Who Cried RatRen and Stimpy, here penniless and hungry, pretend that Ren is a mouse and Stimpy a professional mouse catcher to get $5. It's all going well until the clients want Stimpy to eat Ren...
Space Madness provides examples of...
- Big Red Button: The beautiful, shiny, jolly, candy-like History Eraser Button.
- Companion Cube: "Oh, my beloved ice-cream bar..."
- Crazy Consumption: Ren eats a bar of soap thinking it's an ice-cream bar.
- Don't Touch It, You Idiot! / What Does This Button Do?: Said almost verbatim in regards to the History Eraser Button.
- Food Pills: The tube-form version. This is part of what drives Ren over the edge.
- Improvised Weapon: When Ren feels threatened by Stimpy, he grabs the nearest thing at hand - a toothbrush - and yells "Don't make me use it!" When Stimpy steps forward, Ren uses the toothbrush... to brush his teeth.
- Interactive Narrator: The announcer steps in and actively tries to make Stimpy touch the History Eraser Button.
- Sanity Slippage: Ren, of course!
- Schmuck Bait: The history eraser button.
- Space Madness: The Trope Namer.
The Boy Who Cried Rat provides examples of...
- Animals Not to Scale: Ren is suddenly mouse sized when Stimpy puts him in his mouth.
- Ass in a Lion Skin: Ren dresses as a mouse as part of their scam.
- Dumpster Dive: Ren and Stimpy are introduced eating out of garbage cans.
- Monster Protection Racket: Ren pretends to be a mouse so Stimpy can chase him out and get paid.
- Working Off The Debt: The cartoon ends with Ren and Stimpy doing chores to pay off the five bucks Stimpy ate.
- "Paint the lawn"? "Shave the chickens"?