Recap: Regular Show S 01 Ep 11 Rigbys Body
Mordecai and Rigby are assigned to do a job in the snack section. Too bad they're bored so Pops tell them they can eat all the snacks for free. They do so, but Mordecai quits it. He warns Rigby not to eat too much or his body will quit on him, but Rigby ignores that warning and continues to do so. Eventually, Mordecai's warning proves correct: Rigby's body does quit him and goes out around the park, leaving his consciousness behind. Seeing that, they were joined by Skips, who warns them that Rigby will be stuck as a bodiless conscious by sunset if he is not returned by his body.
This episode provides examples of:
- Bowdlerization: In the UK, all mention of the word "turd" was redubbed with "plank" (a UK slang term for someone who's stupid [the American equivalent of this would be "a blockhead"]).
- Break the Haughty: Rigby
- Delayed Reaction: When Rigby gets his body back, and it's been run over by a golf cart.Mordecai: How do you feel?Rigby: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!
- Early Installment Weirdness: Skips, Muscle Man, and High-Five Ghost don't sound right compared to later episodes. In the case of High-Five Ghost, it's because Jeff Bennett voiced him instead of show creator J.G. Quintel.
- Know-Nothing Know-It-All: Rigby.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Rigby, after he blurted out to another bodiless conscious about his body.