Written and storyboarded by Mike Roth and Jake Armstrong.Rigby finally had enough of losing to Mordecai in both the video game and "death punchies" so he decided to train and challenge him.
Tropes used in this episode:
- Adrenaline Makeover: By both Mordecai and Rigby to use Death-Kwon-Do.
- Ambulance Cut: Happens when Rigby tries to play punchies with Skips.
- Big "NO!": Death Kwon Do Sensei gets three. First when he sees that the Death Punch of Death has been stolen, the second one, where one of his students says that Rigby just Death Kwon Clogged the toilet, and finally, when he realizes that the Death Jump & Death Dump pages are missing.
- Bowdlerization and Edited for Syndication: In the UK, Rigby's line, "Let's go! My pepperonis are roasting down here!" was changed to "Let's go! My chest hairs are roasting down here!"
- Clothes Make the Superman: Death Kwan Do wont work unless you have cut off denim shorts and a mullet.
- Covers Always Lie: Parodied when Mordecai and Rigby say that the game screen looks "just like the cover", when clearly it does not.
- Determinator: Both Mordecai and Rigby sure don't give up in the final fight.
- Drunk with Power: Once he gets the power of the Death Punch Of Death, Rigby goes on a rampage through the park, to make up for his constant humiliating losses at punchies.
- Hypocritical Humor: Mordecai explains to Rigby that the shovel guy & the pickaxe guy are exactly the same, but he refuses to be player 2, since he thinks the pickaxe sucks, like Rigby said.
- I Let You Win: Mordecai realizes that in order to get Rigby to stop is this.
- I'll Kill You!: Rigby actually tells this to Mordecai several times, and means it. He tries to kill his best friend with the Death Punch, and they end up trapped in a pit fifty feet underground with lava pouring out the walls.
- No Sell: Mordecai learns the Death Block, which renders Rigbys Death Punch completely ineffective.
- Rule of Three: Sensei's Big "NO!" after Rigby steals his Death Punch move, then one of his students says that Rigby just Death Kwon Clogged the toilet, and then Mordecai steals the Death Jump & Death Dump.
- Tears of Remorse: After finally being declared of being player 1, Rigby started crying about dying in the lava.
- Up to Eleven: Rigbys loss in punchies to Skips was so bad that he had to go to the hospital and get reconstructive surgery on his butt.