"Death by scratch-and-sniff? What the hell happened to people shooting each other with guns?"
The PresentOlfactory self-help expert Napoleon LeNez's assistant is killed by a freak book explosion, one that the author suspects was intended for him. He suggests his Rival Turned Evil, Oscar Vibenus, as the murderer.
- Absurdly Spacious Sewer
- Decontamination Chamber: LeNez has one.
- Gainaxing: By Olive, since she has to hop around in that mermaid tail.
- Genre Savvy: Chuck is cautious about Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers.
- Harmony Versus Discipline: Vibenius and LeNez's rivalry.
- Meaningful Name: "Le nez" is French for "the nose".
- My Sensors Indicate You Want to Tap That: LeNez can tell by smelling Ned that he and Chuck are in love.
- Redemption in the Rain: Aunt Vivian's gorgeous rendition of Cat Stevens' "Morning Has Broken".
- Rival Turned Evil
- Sherlock Scan: LeNez and Vibenius both sniff our heroes and report back on what they find.
- Technicolor Science