- Blatant Lies: Helen threatens that a pack of sabre-toothed cats will be come through the anomaly. This is just a trick to bring her there so she can get past them and escape.
- Conspiracy Theorist: Tom and Duncan take this to ridiculous extremes
- Our Vampires Are Different: People infected by dodo parasites gain more pronounced fangs, develop pail skin, avoid bright light, and tend to try and bite people to spread the plague. It's implied that these parasites are the basis of the legends about vampires.
- Puppeteer Parasite: The dodo parasites act like this, but they end up killing their hosts in the process....
- What Measure Is a Non-Cute?: Abby says the dodo's can't be blamed for dying off. Connor notes she never felt that way about the gorgonopsid.
Recap / Primeval S 1 E 4
The team lets an angry Helen slip through their fingers, but there's a bigger problem. Connor's geeky friends have stolen a dodo, thinking it's proof of a sinister government conspiracy. The dodo (which is actually carrying a virulent parasite) bites one of them and infects him. Now the team have to track him down before chaos breaks out.