Recap: Orphan Black S 01 E 02 Instinct
With a body in her car and nowhere to turn, Sarah is forced to continue her con and earn “Beth” a second chance on the force. But with a killer on her tail, her only hope of finding answers lies with another apparent ‘identical,’ Alison.
- Art steals the money the Sarah took out of Beth's account and holds it over her until "Beth" gets back on the force.
- Sarah blackmails the police psychologist into deeming her fit for work by threatening to expose the fact that she prescribed Beth way more pills than she needed.
- Crazy-Prepared: Subverted, then played straight. Sarah wasn't ready to enter Beth's life, but she quickly gets used to researching Beth's history so she can answer important questions. Sarah is also VERY skilled at reading situations and figuring out what she's supposed to be doing very quickly.
- Disposing of a Body: Sarah buries Katja in some remote location.
- Domestic Abuse: Felix blames Sarah's "suicide" on the way Vic treated her.
- Drowning My Sorrows: Vic spends most of the episode drinking or drunk due to Sarah's "death".
- Functional Addict: Beth was apparently taking more pills than she should have but no-one seemed to notice much.
- Mama Bear: Alison threaten to shoot Sarah if she came near her kids.
- Oh, Crap: The woman that calls Sarah, later revealed to be Cosima, has this reaction when Sarah tells her that Katja is dead. Also, Alison freaking out when she sees Sarah at the soccer match combines this with Berserk Button.
- OOC Is Serious Business: Mrs. S knew Sarah well enough to know she would never commit suicide.
- Ransacked Room: Katja's hotel room is seriously messed up by the time Sarah gets there.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Felix gives one to Vic when he kicks him out.
- The Thing That Would Not Leave: Vic's mourning period lasts a bit longer than Felix would like.
- Stepford Suburbia: Scarborough, where Alison lives.
- Trust Password: Apparently Alison, Beth, and Cosima had a riddle between them to see who they could relay information to. Its the same one Katja used in the previous episode to test if Sarah was an impostor.