The Price of Gold
Rumplestiltskin: Every story needs a memorable detail.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: Cinderella took Rumplestiltskin's deal because he killed her Fairy Godmother, expecting he would want his share of the riches from her new life as princess. But what he really wanted was her first born.
- Danger Takes A Back Seat: Played with. Emma tells Henry to go home so she can track down Ashley before it's too late. Henry obediently goes. But he pops up a few minutes later in the back seat of Emma's Volkswagen and sensibly points out she'd waste too much time taking him home and let Ashley's head start get longer.
- Genre Blind: Cinderella. It appears that she doesn't know the outcome of Rumplestiltskin's story. But she becomes Genre Savvy when the princes reveal the trap for Rumplestiltskin, as she just knows it's going to backfire.
- Happily Married: Cinderella and Prince Thomas, until Thomas disappears (seemingly abducted by unknown forces) anyway.
- Ironic Echo: Mr. Gold calls Emma "charming"—aka her father's nickname.
- Killed Mid-Sentence: Cinderella's fairy godmother.
- Longest Pregnancy Ever: Cinderella's 28-year and 9-month pregnancy. Justified in the fact that time having stopped in Storybrooke is a major plot point. Cinderella was pregnant when the curse hit, so logically, she would have been stuck like that until Emma arrived. (And when Emma does arrive, she's finally able to give birth.)
- Mama Bear: Ashley/Cinderella went through a lot to make sure she protects her child from being taken away.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: To date, it has never been explained why Thomas disappeared the night Rumplestiltskin was captured. In fact, aside from a few small appearances in later episodes, even Cinderella herself hasn't really shown up again.
- He said he'd "pay the price"; the price was Cinderella's daughter being taken from her - he took the place of the child and was "taken from her" and "paid the price".