Recap: On the Origin of PCs
(WARNING! UNMARKED SPOILERS!)
- A Tankard of Moose Urine: This is Durkon's reaction to a taste of "the finiest beer in human lands". The implications do not sit will with him.
- Delicious Distraction: Haley is able to sneak past an Angry Guard Dog this way. It helps that the steaks she brings are laced with sleeping potion.
- Epic Fail: While in an Iron Chef like magic contest, Vaarsuvius miswrites a spell. The result destroys the entire wizard's guild and a part of the jail next door... allowing Belkar to bust out.
- Monochrome Past: To give the book a "flashback" feel.
- Oh, No... Not Again!: Elan's reaction when the knight he accompanies decides to ditch him.
- Never Bring a Knife to a Fist Fight: We first see Belkar in jail, on a charge of murdering several people in a bar brawl. He tries to defend himself saying that they shouldn't have brought fists to a knife fight, but the guard retorts that it wasn't a knife fight until Belkar started stabbing people.
- Terrible Interviewees Montage: Inverted; Roy will take anyone, but almost no one is interested in his terms.
- You All Meet in an Inn: Naturally. In fact, Elan tells Roy flat out this is how adventurers meet for some reason.