Recap / OKKO Lets Be Heroes S 1 E 43 Mystery Science Fair 201 X
K.O. helps Dendy with her science fair project.
- Callback: When Dendy tries to trap T.K.O. in a energy cube, he punches through it like how he did with Rad's telekinesis ray in "T.K.O.".
- Continuity Nod: Dendy wants K.O. to trade his Limited Edition Cowboy Darrell Pow card to her.
- Failsafe Failure: Dendy foresaw that T.K.O. would want to destroy her lab if she induced his transformation, and so set up a Force Field Cage to contain him. He instantly shatters it.
- Homage: Several sequences in Dendy's lab are references to Dexter's Laboratory:
- Dendy and K.O.'s footsteps make the same sounds as Dexter and Dee Dee, Dendy walks like Dexter, and K.O. breaks out some Dee Dee-esque ballet moves.
- Dendy speaks in Dexter's accent when T.K.O. is destroying her lab, even telling him to "Get out of my observatory!"
- T.K.O. laughs exactly like Mandark.
- K.O. makes a Dee Dee-like "oooh" when about to press the button on the capsule containing Dendy's first creation.
- "With apologies to the crew of Dexter's Laboratory :)" appears under "THE END"
- Inkblot Test: Dendy makes K.O. go through one. K.O.'s first two response seems normal until he starts seeing "daddies" on the rest of the other images.
- Moving the Goalposts: Dissatisfied with her class' quiz scores, Ms. Quantum changes entry in the school science fair from optional to mandatory one day before they were due.
- Not So Harmless Punishment: Ms. Quantum threatens that students who don't bring an experiment to the science fair on time will be "suspended from school", which is bad enough considering that isn't actually breaking a rule. Then she points out the window to a student tied up and physically suspended from the school building (which is several stories high).
- Shout-Out: The titular fair refers to Mystery Science Theater 3000.