Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 10 E 10 It Lives By Night
Film watched: It Lives by Night
- Black Widow: Pearl has racked up quite the collection of dead husbands and fiancÚs.
Pearl: Sit back down or I'll marry you!
- Brain Bleach: Comes into play at the end of the movie along with a healthy heaping of Fridge Horror:
Crow: Now, wait a minute... how did she turn into a bat? The only contact she had with him was in the hotel and...
Crow: OH MY GOD! I get the shower first!
Tom: No, me first!
- In the rough cut, after filming has stopped, Kevin Murphy adds an anguished "Fluids! They exchanged fluids!"
- Call Back: In the rough cut, the guys reference the "Owner of a Lonely Heart" joke from Final Justice; at one point, Patrick Brantseg starts playing the song, and the guys remark that they have to listen at least to the orchestra hit.
- Continuity Nod: A handful of references are made to Werewolf, probably due to the stupidly similar plot seen once this movie really gets rolling.
- Cowboy Bebop at His Computer: The movie is also known as The Bat People, but the title above is what appeared on the copy BBI used. Nonetheless, whenever this episode was rerun, Sci-Fi Channel used The Bat People in their online schedule listings instead of It Lives By Night. Fans were, of course, confused.
- Oh, Crap: Or in this case, "SQUEAK! SQUEAK!"
- Porn Stache: Mike attempts to see how one looks on him and asks what Pearl's opinion is. She's not too impressed. Crow goes for an even bigger one, which makes her quite smitten with him. Servo takes his Up to Eleven, but it's just so big that he falls over.
- Precision F-Strike: In the rough cut version, during one later scene, both Crow and Tom get in on this version of one of the episode's running gags.
- Running Gag: The Mellow Doctor.
- So MANY bat jokes, go figure, considering what movie they're riffing.
- In the rough cut version the guys had just seen A Case of Spring Fever and spend most of the breaks between shooting making scatological jokes regarding the name "Coily".
- The female protagonist's thin figure, as well as visual similarities to Mary Tyler Moore.
- Shout-Out: When John steals an ambulance, Crow remarks "I guess technically I'm in the Batmobile."
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: After Ward first asks John if he knows about the attack in the hospital the previous night:
Crow: I'm not a bat! I mean...
- Took a Level in Jerkass: As obnoxious as he was before he got bitten, John gets even worse afterwards.
Crow: Maybe he got bit by a jerk bat.