Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 10 E 10 It Lives By Night
Film watched: It Lives by Night
- Black Widow: Pearl has racked up quite the collection of dead husbands and fiancÚs.
- Brain Bleach: Comes into play at the end of the movie along with a healthy heaping of Fridge Horror:
Crow: Now, wait a minute... how did she turn into a bat? The only contact she had with him was in the hotel and...
Crow: OH MY GOD! I get the shower first!
Tom: No, me first!
- In the rough cut, after filming has stopped, Kevin Murphy adds an anguished "Fluids! They exchanged fluids!"
- Call Back: In the rough cut, the guys reference the "Owner of a Lonely Heart" joke from Final Justice; at one point, Patrick Brantseg starts playing the song, and the guys remark that they have to listen at least to the orchestra hit.
- Continuity Nod: A handful of references are made to Werewolf, probably due to the stupidly similar plot seen once this movie really gets rolling.
- Cowboy Bebop at His Computer: The movie is also known as The Bat People, but the title above is what appeared on the copy BBI used. Nonetheless, whenever this episode was rerun, Sci-Fi Channel used The Bat People in their online schedule listings instead of It Lives By Night. Fans were, of course, confused.
- Oh Crap: Or in this case, "SQUEAK! SQUEAK!"
- Precision F-Strike: In the rough cut version, during one later scene, both Crow and Tom get in on this version of one of the episode's running gags.
- Running Gag: The Mellow Doctor.
- So MANY bat jokes, go figure, considering what movie they're riffing.
- In the rough cut version the guys had just seen A Case of Spring Fever and spend most of the breaks between shooting making scatological jokes regarding the name "Coily".
- The female protagonist's thin figure, as well as visual similarities to Mary Tyler Moore.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: After Ward first asks John if he knows about the attack in the hospital the previous night:
Crow: I'm not a bat! I mean...
- Took a Level in Jerkass: As obnoxious as he was before he got bitten, John gets even worse afterwards.
Crow: Maybe he got bit by a jerk bat.