"This is like a stag film produced by the League of Women Voters."
"Ya'know, Peaches has a fresh, natural stupidness that isn't forced or contrived..."
—Crow T. Robot
Film watched: Racket Girls
with the educational short film Are You Ready For Marriage
The MST3K presentation contains the following tropes:
- Call Back: "No, Lupita!"
- Continuity Nod: Jan in the Pan appears as a stripper. Mike calls it Sick and Wrong.
Crow: Woo hoo! Show that neck! Hotsy! Hotsy!
- Father, I Want to Marry My Brother: The short prompts Crow to ask Mike for Servo's hand in marriage. Subverted in that they both admit they don't want to marry each other, but dammit, they're not getting any younger!
- Fetish Fuel / Fetish Retardant: Mike and the 'Bots veer wildly between the two, simultaneously being turned on and turned off at the same time, even in consecutive riffs.
Crow: I'm being turned on by a woman long dead. (audible sigh/shudder)
- Flashback Stares: Spoofed during the short when, during a close-up shot of one of the characters blankly staring at the camera, Mike and the 'Bots make it appear as if she's having a Vietnam War flashback, complete with gunfire noises.
Mike: (after cut away from close-up) Sorry, back in Da Nang there...
- Grandma, What Massive Hotness You Have: Mike and the 'bots reaction to Ruby.
Mike: I never saw my Grandma naked, but this'll do.
- Stock Footage: Lampshaded.
Servo: "Police cars, not dissimilar to these, were called to the scene. This is a narrative approximation of something that may or may not have happened."
- Up to Eleven
This director has out-Wooded Ed Wood
When Ed Wood saw this, it was like when Truffaut saw Citizen Kane
- Waxing Lyrical: Dr. Forrester in the last host segment, performing the wedding of Servo and Crow:
- Wild Mass Guessing: Mike begins to wonder if the film has some meaning "in some deep, hoary netherworld".
- With Lyrics: The gang supply lyrics for the music they dub the Ukrainian national anthem.
Ukrainia, my bitter homeland! Your strip mines, your big reactors...!
- Wrestler in All of Us: The wedding of Crow and Tom Servo in the second-to-last sketch is stopped by a sudden wrestling match. Mike and the 'Bots create wrestling personas after the film.
"It's gone!" "Where'd it go??"