Recap / Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 06 E 05 Colossus And The Headhunters
Original work: Colossus and the Headhunters
The host segments revolve around Dr. Forrester's most horrendous new creation yet...Nummy Muffin Coocol Butter.
Trivia note: The earlier MST3K
film Hercules Against the Moon Men
was also about Maciste, until the English dubbing crew decided to capitalize on the bigger name recognition of Hercules.
- Fan Nickname: Maciste becomes "My Cheesesteak", as noted below.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: When a loincloth-clad warrior jumps over a campfire, Crow shouts, "Great balls of fire!"
- Holding the Floor: Milana's excruciatingly long dance to stall for time.
Kermes: The gods thank you, Milana.
Servo: Now GET OUT!!!!!!
- Lady Mondegreen: In-universe, Mike and the Bots mishear Maciste's name as "My Cheesesteak", which becomes a Running Gag.
- Living Emotional Crutch: Frank can't stand being apart from Nummy, and it turns out the reverse is also true.
- Made of Iron: Colossus/Maciste takes an arrow to the upper chest/shoulder, but seems to walk it off after a few minutes.
Crow: Luckily, this was before death had been invented.
- Non-Action Guy: Invoked.
Crow: Colossus has gotta start doing something heroic. He survived a flesh wound — that's all he's done!
- Notable Original Music: The Nummy Muffin Coocol Butter song, by TV's Frank.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Nummy Muffin Coocol Butter, who is designed by Dr. Forrester to pacify victims through Cuteness Proximity... until Dr. F is Hoist by His Own Petard in the end.
- Shout-Out: Servo says of the stalling-for-time dancer, "Maybe we could give her an extra-long scarf and send her out for a drive." That's a reference to the death of dancer Isadora Duncan.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Yes, it's "Coocol", not "Cocoa". So sayeth the end credits.
- This is for Emphasis, Bitch!: When the Big Bad thinks he has Maciste trapped and laughs about it, Mike quips (in a wonderfully nasal voice), "I got you, you bitch!"