Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 06 E 05 Colossus And The Headhunters
Original work: Colossus and the HeadhuntersThe host segments revolve around Dr. Forrester's most horrendous new creation yet...Nummy Muffin Cocool Butter.Trivia note: The earlier MST3K film Hercules Against The Moon Men was also about Maciste, until the English dubbing crew decided to capitalize on the bigger name recognition of Hercules.
The Mystery Science Theater 3000 presentation contains these tropes:
- Fan Nickname: Maciste becomes "My Cheesesteak", as noted below.
- Holding the Floor: Milana's excruciatingly long dance to stall for time.Kermes: The gods thank you, Milana.Servo: Now GET OUT!!!!!!
- Lady Mondegreen: In-universe, Mike and the Bots mishear Maciste's name as "My Cheesesteak", which becomes a Running Gag.
- Living Emotional Crutch: Frank can't stand being apart from Nummy, and it turns out the reverse is also true.
- Made of Iron: Colossus/Maciste takes an arrow to the upper chest/shoulder, but seems to walk it off after a few minutes.Crow: Luckily, this was before death had been invented.
- Notable Original Music: The Nummy Muffin Coocol Butter song, by TV's Frank.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Nummy Muffin Coocol Butter, who is designed by Dr. Forrester to pacify victims through Cuteness Proximity... until Dr. F is Hoist by His Own Petard in the end.