The MST3K treatment provides examples of:
- Big "Shut Up!": At one point in the film, Mike and the bots simultaneously shouted "SHUT UP!" at Kathy Ireland when she was begging Gus to let her go with him.
- Chick Flick: Mike and Crow get into an argument during the credits and accuse each other of watching these, among them Fried Green Tomatoes, Mermaids, and Steel Magnolias. At one point, they debate whether Madame Sousatzka qualified as one.
- Allegedly inspired by a similar battle between Mike and Frank in the writing room.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Mike starts staring at Servo goo-goo-eyed when Servo sings with Kathy Ireland's squeaky voice.
- Dull Surprise: One of the skits had Mike guess Kathy Ireland's emotions in the film; thecorrect answer for all of them was the Trope Namer.
- Fan Disservice: Though Mike and the 'bots are enchanted by Kathy's appearance, her nasally voice acts as a Berserk Button at times.
- Kubrick Stare: Mike does the 'tilt your head downward' stare in the opening segment in reference to Full Metal Jacket.Dr. Forrester: Ah, Mike, I see you've decided to go psycho. Godspeed.
- Notable Original Music: "My Wild Irish Ireland", Mike and the Bots' love ballad to Kathy Ireland.
- Bawdy Song: For Crow's verse, anyway.Crow: I'd like to come over and roll in your clover / And kiss your blarney stone!
- Bawdy Song: For Crow's verse, anyway.
- Running Gag: Mike and the Bots ripping into Gus' accent.
- Shout-Out: At one point the Bots quote the beginning monologue from "Computer Blue" by Prince and the Revolution.
- Upon Wanda's arrival in Atlantis, Mike and the Bots start singing "Underground" by Tom Waits from his album Swordfishtrombones. Joel had previously sung the same song with the Bots in Fugitive Alien 2.
- During the opening host segment, Crow imitates Gunnery Sgt. Hartman, berating Mike while the latter attempts to field strip Servo. After the first commercial break, Mike puts on an impressive Slasher Smile in a reference to Pvt. Pyle.
- Slasher Smile/Kubrick Stare: Mike has a damn impressive one in the first host segment after the commercial break in a Shout-Out to Full Metal Jacket.Dr. Forrester: Ah Mike, I see you've decided to go psycho. God speed.
- Too Dumb to Live: Their Alternate Character Interpretation of Wanda.As she puts her ear to a door — Crow: Um, this door sounds brown!As she examines a photograph — Mike: Hello? What're you doing behind that glass? You look so small.