Film watched: Alien from L.A.
Targets for jokes included the ridiculous Australian accent employed by Gus, Kathy Ireland
's squeaky voice and lack of acting talent, the design of Atlantis, which evoked numerous films such as Blade Runner and the Mad Max series, Charmin's name, and much, much more.
The MST3K treatment provides examples of:
- Actor Allusion
- Big "Shut Up!": At one point in the film, Mike and the bots simultaneously shouted "SHUT UP!" at Kathy Ireland when she was begging Gus to let her go with him.
- Chick Flick: Mike and Crow get into an argument during the credits and accuse each other of watching these, among them Fried Green Tomatoes, Mermaids, and Steel Magnolias.
- Allegedly inspired by a similar battle between Mike and Frank in the writing room.
- Dull Surprise: One of the skits had Mike guess Kathy Ireland's emotions in the film and correct answer for all of them was the Trope Namer.
- Notable Original Music: "My Wild Irish Ireland", Mike and the Bot's love ballad to Kathy Ireland.
- Running Gag: Mike and the Bots ripping into Gus' accent.
- Shout Out: At one point the Bots quote the beginning monologue from "Computer Blue" by Prince and the Revolution.
- Upon Wanda's arrival in Atlantis, Mike and the Bots start singing "Underground" by Tom Waits. Joel had previously sung the same song with the Bots in Fugitive Alien 2.
- Too Dumb to Live: Their Alternate Character Interpretation of Wanda.
As she puts her ear to a door — Crow: Um, this door sounds brown!
As she examines a photograph — Mike: Hello? What're you doing behind that glass? You look so small.