Film watched: Cheating (short) and The Wild World of BatwomanThis episode was released on DVD by Rhino Entertainment.
The MST3K treatment of Cheating has examples of:
- Disproportionate Retribution: Cheating is bad. note
- Driven to Suicide: Early in the short, right after John gets a phone call informing him he's been kicked off the student council, he wanders despondent into the next room and Tom supplies a gunshot sound.
- Epic Fail: Crow shows how bad John is at doing homework.Crow: (as Mary, exasperated) John, this is geography!
- Hot for Student:Narrator: Was there a shadow of doubt in Ms. Granby's face as she looked at you?Crow: Or was it lust?
- Kick the Dog: The riffers seem really upset when Mary gives in and helps John cheat.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Connections!: Joked about when Johnny gets caught cheating on a test.Tom Servo: Fortunately, your mob ties will get you off, Johnny.
- Serious Business: Apparently, the high school student council is a cut-throat political machine:Servo: "You've made some powerful enemies, son."
The MST3K presentation of The Wild World of Batwoman has examples of:
- Brain Bleach: Mike complains about being forced to consider the Tiger's hips.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Servo, and later Gypsy, could be said to overreact a little when Crow cheats.Servo: We must immolate him! Get a match!
- Do Not Spoil This Ending: Parodied when Rat Fink is unmasked.Servo: Please do not reveal the secret to The Wild, Wild World of Batwoman.
- Driven to Suicide: By the end of the film all three viewers are begging for the sweet release of death.Tom and Mike: [singing] Kill me, kill me, kill me, kill me right now.
- Dude, Not Funny!: Invoked in Mike and the bots' reaction to the "Chinese" spirit in the seance scene.Servo: [deadpan] You know, that may not really be Chinese.
- Early-Bird Cameo:
- Sanity Slippage/Ending Fatigue:
- As the movie just drags itself to the end, showing off another pool party with the Batgirls, Tom just loses it:Tom: END!! EEEENNNNNNDD!
- Mike loses it a bit earlier.Mike: What about the hearing aid? Am I crazy? WASN'T THAT THE ENTIRE PLOT?!
- As the movie just drags itself to the end, showing off another pool party with the Batgirls, Tom just loses it:
- Serious Business: All of the host segments were based on the Cheating short (except for a brief reference to the drugged soup scene), featuring overly dramatic responses to Crow plagiarizing Gypsy's essay on the short film.Gypsy: The quality of mercy is not strained; It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven Upon the place beneath.
Servo: Gypsy, he stole from YOUR essay.
Gypsy: Really?... FRY HIM! FRY HIM!!! I want his family DEAD! I want his house BURNED TO THE GROUND!
- Pass the Popcorn: Mike leaves the theater in the opening scene to get snacks, as if he were watching a movie rather than being tortured. The Bots question if this sort of thing is allowed.
- Vapor Wear: Played with. The black and white print makes one girl's dress the same tone as her skin except for a stripe around the chest, leading Crow to observe bemusedly that she's wearing "a gownless evening strap".
- Where Are They Now: Servo identifies one of the thugs in the opening scene as a thirty-years older Johnny from the short.
Bruno: (laughs while brunette Batgirl bites his hand) OOOOOWWWW!!!