Film watched: Cheating
(short) and Wild World of Batwoman
This episode was released on DVD by Rhino Entertainment.
The MST 3 K treatment of Cheating has examples of:
- Disproportionate Retribution: Cheating is bad. note
- Epic Fail: Crow shows how bad John is at doing homework.
Crow: (as Mary, exasperated) John, this is geography!
- Hot for Student:
Narrator: Was there a shadow of doubt in Ms. Granby's face as she looked at you?
Crow: Or was it lust?
- Kick the Dog: The riffers seem really upset when Mary gives in and helps John cheat.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Connections!: Joked about when Johnny gets caught cheating on a test.
Tom Servo: Fortunately, your mob ties will get you off, Johnny.
The MST 3 K presentation of Wild World Of Batwoman has examples of:
- Brain Bleach: Mike complains about being forced to consider the Tiger's hips.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Servo, and later Gypsy, could be said to overreact a little when Crow cheats.
Servo: We must immolate him! Get a match!
- Do Not Spoil This Ending: Parodied when Ratfink is unmasked.
Servo: Please do not reveal the secret to The Wild, Wild World of Batwoman.
- Driven to Suicide: By the end of the film all three viewers are asking to be killed.
- Dude, Not Funny!: Mike and the bots' reaction to the "Chinese" spirit in the seance scene.
- Sanity Slippage/Ending Fatigue: As the movie just drags itself to the end, showing off another pool party with the Bat Girls, Tom just loses it:
Tom: EEND!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEND!
- Serious Business: All of the host segments were based on the Cheating short (except for a brief reference to the drugged soup scene), featuring overly dramatic responses to Crow plagiarizing Gypsy's essay on the short film.
Servo: Gypsy, he stole from your essay.
- Pass the Popcorn: Mike leaves the theater in the opening scene to get snacks, as if he were watching a movie rather than being tortured. The Bots question if this sort of thing is allowed.
- Vapor Wear: Played with. The black and white print makes one girl's dress the same tone as her skin except for the shoulder straps, leading Crow to observe bemusedly that she's wearing "a gownless evening strap".