Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 05 E 11 The Gunslinger
Film watched: Gunslinger
The MST3K presentation contains examples of:
- Anachronism Stew: Debatable, but routinely lampshaded by the crew:Servo: (looking at an old farming device) What is that thing?Crow: Whatever it was, it wasn't invented, yet.
- Big "Shut Up!": Towards the Mayor when telling yet another war story that made him look better than he really was.
- Deep-Fried Whatever: The 'bots deep-fry the fan mail.
- The Dog Bites Back: When Dr. Forrester attempts to scan TV's Frank's brain (and accidentally blows up a lightbulb in the lamp), Frank gets really cheesed off when he realizes it.TV's Frank: You were scanning me, weren't you? You were trying to make my head explode, you freaked-out maniac! [smashes Forrester's head with a large lolipop.]
- The Fun in Funeral: During one of the host segments, Joel and the bots get to experience death... or what it feels like to be in a casket. After a moment contemplating what death would be like, they start describing how they want their funerals to be like - Crow's and Tom's are really fun.
- Tearjerker: Then Servo asks Joel why doesn't he just not die, as if death is a decision people make.
- Kill 'em All: Thanks to the fact that most of the extras playing townspeople just up and disappear for the last third of the movie, Crow and Tom run with the idea that the entire town is dead.
- Offscreen Teleportation: Tom Servo explains that the examples of this trope in the film are examples of applied "quantum linear superposition". He thoroughly demonstrates it for Joel and Crow.
- Riddle for the Ages: Servo's head (now a large balloon) has expanded so much he knows almost everything in the Universe. Save one.Servo: Why did they cancel Manimal? Why?!
- Running Gag: Fridge Logic from a Special Effect Failure (the door to Cane's room at the saloon opens the wrong way) leads to the conclusion that Cane's staying in the hallway. Hilarity Ensues.
- "Oh look, a sale at Hurrah."
- "That hasn't been invented yet."
- Scream Discretion ShotServo: (as Rose's replacement, Sam Bass) Hey, lady, you forgot to tell me where the—Oh my God! AAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!
Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 05 E 03 Swamp Diamonds Recap/Mystery Science Theater 3000 Turkey Day 94 Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 06 E 01 Girls Town
Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 05 E 10 The Painted Hills Recap/Mystery Science Theater 3000 Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 05 E 12 Mitchell