The Mystery Science Theater 3000 presentation provides examples of:
- Alas, Poor Villain: Megaweapon is particularly beloved by Joel and the Bots, especially when it runs over and kills Einstein.
- And There Was Much Rejoicing: Einstein's death is cheered on by Joel and the bots.Servo: I can't tell you how deeply satisfying this is.
- Paper Chase Guy getting shot, as well as crashing Einstein into a cliffside earlier, also gets loud cheering.
- Bookends: The title of the film prompts Joel to say, "Oh, I dunno..." dismissively. When just the word "WARRIOR" concludes the film, Tom says, "Oh, I don't know..."
- Call Back: Frank motions to his side after working out, saying, "I can really feel it here", a reference to Ator's same comment in Cave Dwellers.
- Closed Captioning: Early on the bike beeps and says "BEEP" on the screen.Crow: Motorcycle is closed captioned for the hearing-impaired!Joel: Heh, humor-impaired.
- Cozy Catastrophe: One of the sketches is devoted to lampshading the ample greenery and well-maintained roads of this post-apocalyptic future.Crow: You know, Joel, I have to say what with the lush, green countryside, the well-maintained roads and buildings, and the ready availability of transportation, food, and fuel, I'm kinda looking forward to the Apocalypse!
Servo: Yeah, provided that Paper Chase Guy doesn't survive!
Joel: Guys, that's a terrible thing to say - nobody's looking forward to the Apocalypse, though I do agree with you about the Paper Chase Guy.
Servo: Yeah, but — Look at it this way, Joel; factor out the unfathomable human loss, and a guy could really get a lot done!
- Designated Hero: Joel and the 'bots spend the entire film generating a healthy amount of disdain and disgust for Ginty's character. By the time he viciously decks the Tina Turner-lookalike, Joel growls, "Now I hate his everliving guts."
- Foreshadowing: When Nastasia points a gun at her father, Crow says "I accuse my parents!" I Accuse My Parents would be riffed on six episodes later.
- The Illegible: The contrast is so horrible on the opening scroll that none of the MST3K crew can make it out.Servo: The unclear war has been forgot?Joel: All the gummy mints have colitis?
- Kung-Foley: The MST3K treatment is the Trope Namer.
- Long List: Joel and the 'Bots provide a list of other actors who might have been chosen to play the Rider over the Paper Chase Guy.
- Towards the end of the movie, the camera pans over a cheering crowd, and Servo says "Look, it's (celebrity name)!" for every single person.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: Toward the end of the episode, they call up Megaweapon (voiced by Michael J. Nelson) and have a pleasant chat with him. He's moved on from this film.
- My Beloved Smother: "What if the Paper Chase Guy hadn't gotten his license in time for the apocalypse? And then he had to have his mom drive him around? We think it would go something like this..."
- No Ending: They couldn't figure out a way to end the sketch, and even admit as such on the way back into the theater.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Robert Ginty is never called anything else but "The Paper Chase Guy" by anyone on the show.
- Rooting for the Empire: Joel and the bots are BIG fans of the Omega's (nearly) invincible tank, Megaweapon. Most likely because its first act of villainy is to run over Einstein with extreme prejudice.Servo: Ooooh, yes... die, my darling, die!All: MEGAWEAPON! MEGAWEAPON! MEGAWEAPON!Crow: "Make it last!"Servo: "Yes, make it slow!"
- Running Gag
- Jokes about the Professor looking like Jimmy Carter (and/or Gary Busey)
- ANY FRUIT TO DECLARE?!
- Crow points out misspellings of the word "perimeter." By the third time it happens, he just shakes his head.
- The password was "motor". <ding!> And then it was "speech". <ding!> And finally, it was "circulatory". <ding.>
- The cycle's incomplete phrases are completed with Match Game shout-outs.
- This Is Gonna Suck: After Einstein sings, "BEEP... BEEP... BOP-A-LOOLA", Servo groans, "Oh, is it too early to kill myself?"
- To the bots, Einstein is basically Robotface humor.
- Visual Pun: When Paper Chase Guy slams a karate gang member into the yin-yang symbol on a van, Crow quips "Ooh, right in the yin-yang!"
- What the Hell, Hero?: See Designated Hero above.