Recap / Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 01 E 06 The Crawling Hand
Film watched: The Crawling Hand
The MST3K treatment contains examples of:
- Corpsing: Joel audibly cracks up at Crow's "I would now like to sing 'Cathy's Clown'."
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: At one point Paul picks up a book and looks through it, prompting Crow to joke that it's The Book of Lists:
Crow: (as Paul) Hmm... Roddy McDowall, Milton Berl-... huh??! note
- Incredibly Lame Puns: Mostly of the "Let's give him a hand" or "armed and dangerous" variety. Groan.
- At one point the Bots have a little run of "fish" puns.
Crow: Hey, why is she wearing a swimsuit with a codpiece?
Servo: Oh, just for the halibut.
Crow: Stop it, you're giving me a haddock.
Servo: You're a pain in the bass.
Crow: You have no sole.
- Large Ham: Joel and the Bots spend a segment pretending to be William Shatner while being strangled.
- Rubber Man: The Mads' "limb lengthener" invention.
- Running Gag: "Tell him I'm smoking."
- There are lots of Gilligan's Island-related jokes because of the presence of Alan Hale, Jr.
- The morgue ambulance driver mentions wanting a cold beer, prompting a number of beer-related riffs.