Film watched: The Robot vs. The Aztec Mummy
Crow: This is the kind of movie you don't put on pause when you leave the room.
Servo: It invites you to make a sandwich.
The second episode of the series sees the Satellite of Love overrun by "Demon Dogs"—obnoxious canine skeletons from space who swarm the ship and threaten to send it sinking back into the Earth's atmosphere.
The MST3K presentation contains examples of:
- Artistic License - Physics: You cannot, in fact, weigh down an object floating in space to the point that it "falls" to Earth. (An object in stable orbit which increases substantially in mass is nudged away from its primary. It's complicated.)
- Early-Installment Weirdness / Old Shame: From the Amazing Colossal Episode Guide:
Michael J. Nelson: We were still experimenting with the movie comments and we look back with embarrassment at two particular gags. One involved Joel covering the mouth of a woman singing and the singing becoming muted. The other, even more shameful, was adding the sound of men, ahem, urinating when there was a shot of them with their backs turned. Both broke the rules of the show and both were quite stupid. We're really very sorry.
- Kevin Murphy also said this was the one and only time they ended up doing tequila shots to get through the writing of the riffs.
- Horde of Alien Locusts: Parodied with the Demon Dogs, whose only real threat is in weighing down the SoL to the point that it "sinks".
- Most Annoying Sound: The below-mentioned chalkboard-player.
- Nails on a Blackboard: Dr. Forrester invents the "Chalk Man"—a record player where the "record" is a circular piece of chalkboard and the "needle" is a prosthetic hand with real human fingernails.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Enoch, king of the Demon Dogs, comes to broker peace with Joel and the Bots. Gypsy eats him for no discernible reason.
- After Joel sets one of the probes on the SOL for the remaining Demon Dogs to fetch, Servo points out that fetch means "go back and bring back." Joel then Facepalms himself.
- Running Gag: Every set in the movie looks like a miniature golf course to Joel.
- Small Annoying Creature: The Demon Dogs.
- Out-of-Universe, very lucky MSTies were able to purchase their own authentic Demon Dog through the Info Club Catalog for a cool 25 bucks!