Servo: This must be a Paramount picture.Experiment 101 - The Crawling Eye was the national debut episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 on the Comedy Channel, later Comedy Central. It can also be seen on Mike's television at the very end of the final episode, creating Bookends for the series.
—The first line in the theater.
The Segments:Segment 1/Invention Exchange
- Dr. Forrester and Dr. Erhardt move into Deep 13. Joel presents his electric bagpipes. Dr. Forrester injects Dr. Erhardt with dog antiperspirant.
- Joel explains to Servo and Crow why it's a big deal for humans to lose their heads
- Gypsy gets uncoiled
- Forrest Tucker is freaking the bots out.
- Joel offers RAM chips to the bots for saying one good thing and one bad thing about the movie.
This MST3K presentation contains examples of:
- Absentee Prop: The buttons on the bridge desk had not been installed yet (and wouldn't be for several episodes), so the first movie sign has Joel slapping the desk before running off.
- Embarrassing Tattoo: During the invention exchange, Dr. Forrester goes to inject an antiperspirant serum into Dr. Erhardt's buttocks:Dr. F: What's this flower? And who's Roseanne?
- Lame Pun Reaction: Crow and Servo make so many groan-worthy eye puns towards the film's climax that Joel asks them to stop...Only for him to start it up again shortly afterward.Joel: I spy with my little eye...
Servo: You hypocrite!
- Losing Your Head: The Bots don't see why human heads being detatched is any different from robot heads being detatched, leading Joel to explain it during the first break from the movie.Mountain climber: His head... it was torn off!
Servo: You say that like it's a bad thing.