Recap: Millennium E 05 The Judge
"..the visible world seems formed in love, the invisible spheres were formed in fright."
A mysterious figure calling himself only "the Judge" is orchestrating grisly vigilante violence in Seattle
, along with newly recruited convict Mike Bardale (guest star John Hawkes
). The episode also introduces C.C.H. Pounder as Group medical examiner Cheryl Andrews.
- Deal with the Devil: The Judge offers Frank a job dispensing justice as he sees fit, after introducing himself with the ominous "My name is legion."
- Even Evil Has Standards: Bardale is enthused about putting his skills to work for the Judge, but loses respect for him when he threatens to sue both Frank and the police. His disappointment causes him to kill the Judge and feed him to his own pigs.
- Finger in the Mail: Tongue in the mail, actually. Pre-Mike assistant Carl Neaman cuts out the tongue of a perjurer and mails it to the widow of the man he testified against.
- Motor Mouth: The Judge briefly demonstrates this quality to back up his claim of being a livestock auctioneer.
- Pay Evil unto Evil: Superficially the MO of the Judge and his employees. Since he actually seems pretty evil himself it's likely there's another motive.