For the thing I greatly feared has come upon me. And what I dreaded has happened to me, I am not at ease, nor am I quiet; I have no rest, for trouble comes.While hunting a serial killer of women in Portland, Oregon, Frank works with a troubled Group candidate.
- The Danza: James Morrison as James Horn. Horn tells Frank that he prefers "James" to "Jim", likely an allusion to jokes that Morrison was sick of hearing.
- Grammar Nazi: The killer. Frank exploits this to draw him out.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Horn again. Frank allows that he's a perceptive profiler when he's focused. Unfortunately he's prone to moments of hotheaded idiocy.
- Monster Clown: Turns up in Jordan's nightmare.
- No Name Given: The killer doesn't even rate a colorful alias in this episode, only being referred to as "killer." This is somewhat apt, since he has a hangup about depersonalization.