- Chekhov's Gun: When Elliot talks about the sleeper drug cocktail, he notes it is ineffective if someone has ingested a drug to keep one awake prior to being given it. Later, when the mark gets a caffeine drink from his lawyer, it causes the con to become unraveled.
- Gaslighting: Probably the most unnerving and uncomfortable examples in the entire series.
- My God, What Have I Done?: The mark's main trouble is his tremendous guilt he suffers from failing to answer a call years ago from his cousin who needed him. He learned the next day she had died and has slowly been killing his company out of guilt because he put the company first and it cost him the life of one he loved deeply.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Both Hardison and Elliot are furious with Nate when he wants to run the White Rabbit, to change the mark as a person by some mix of brainwashing and mind screwing techniques. Elliot notes the mark hasn't actually broken any laws and isn't stealing from the company, so he feels they don't have a moral ground to go after him.
- Whole Plot Reference: To Inception.
Recap / Leverage S 05 E 12 The White Rabbit Job
The team try to stop the closing of a factory by pulling off a uniquely difficult con that involves manipulating the mark's dreams.