- Nate: Letís go steal the Department of Defense.
Parker: Isnít that treason?
Nate: Weíll give it back.
Nate meets up with the Italian who tells him that Damien Moreau is coming and they need to act now. The team breaks into a D.O.D. facility and get one of its staff, Yasmine, out moments before it blows up. At McRoryís, she thanks them for rescuing her, though Nate says they didnít and she is now officially dead. She canít imagine why anyone would want to kill her. Her project is a battery.In Washington, D.C. her boss, General Atherton, is trying to get his project on track. The engineers he has want to slow it down, out of respect for Yasmine and since they need her component to finish their work. Atherton demands results by the weekend, or he promises they wonít like their severance package. He then gets a call from Moreau reminding him that he needs the battery soon so he can auction it off.The battery is a new high-powered cell, and Sophieís contacts have gotten word of an auction Moreau is holding at the end of the week. The team discusses plans, though Eliot seems bothered by Moreauís presence, but eventually offers to get into the auction with Hardison while the others try to figure out what the Ramís Horn is.At the hotel where Moreauís staying, Hardison plans to pose as the manager of the kitchen personally delivering a cuisine to Moreau, but Eliot walks up to the guards and introduces himself. He is promptly let it.Posing as a congresswoman, Sophie gets Atherton to show her around, while she and Parker lift his wallet and phone.Meanwhile Eliot is brought to where Moreau is having a sauna.
- Moreau: Letís catch up!
- Eliot: The worst thing Iíve ever done in my life I did working for Damien Moreau.
Parker: What did you do?
Eliot: Donít ask me that Parker, because if you ask me, Iím gonna tell you. So donít ask me.
- Sophie: You canít, youíre not that man anymore.
Nate: He might have to beÖto get us in?
Hardison: So we can buy a bomb?
Hardison: The Ramís Horn, itís a bomb. A really big bomb.
- Atherton: I canít believe Moreau wanted to have me killed.
- Nate: One thing Iíve learned, Moreau, over the last three years is the only thing more ruthless than a criminal is a politician trying to save his own ass.
Moreau: WHO ARE YOU?
Nate: You know how it feels like youíve been poked with a stick over these last six months or so? Iím that stick.
- Sophie: What now?
Nate: Now we go get him. In San Lorenzo.
Sophie: Nate, what are we going to do when we get there?
Nate: Finish the job.
Tropes stolen in this job:
- Actually Pretty Funny: Hardison's professional and restrained behavior after being nearly drowned has Moreau chuckling.
- Arms Dealer: Damien Moreau.
- Always Save the Girl: Moreau seems impressed that Nate got the Italian out of the warehouse.
- Auction of Evil: Moreau's setting one up to sell the Ram's Horn.
- Batman Grabs a Gun: After three full seasons of insisting that he doesn't like guns and dismantling every firearm he gets his hands on, Eliot picks up a pair of handguns in order to save Nate and the Italian from Moreau's goons. It clearly doesn't sit well with him afterwards.
- Call-Back: Hardison making an EMP gun earlier in the season is how he can recognize the blueprints of the Ram's Horn's capabilities after five seconds of looking at them.
- Chekhov's Gun: The files the Italian had Nate swipe when the team was taking down Alexander Moto gets fired as it is revealed to be the secret bank accounts to many governments' wetworks teams and other illicit dealings.
- Consummate Professional: Hardison's cover when meeting Moreau is this type of messenger. Even after being nearly killed by Moreau by drowning, he walks out of the pool, wipes his face off and asks Moreau, "What message may I take to my employers?"
- Corrupt Politician: Nate refers to them when he has framed Moreau for their money laundering crimes. The fact they have a fallguy now to take the heat means one less thing they need to worry about.Nate: The one thing I've learned over the past three years is that, well, the only thing more ruthless than a criminal is a politician trying to save his own ass.
- EMP: A bomb large enough to blackout all of D.C.
- Faking the Dead: Done twice.
- First to save Yasmine's life, they tell her that officially she is dead for the time being.
- Then to make it look like Eliot killed Atherton.
- Implied Death Threat: Atherton's threat to the engineers about their severance packages. Moreau similarly delivers one to Atherton, which he follows through on later in the episode when he demands that Eliot murder Atherton in return for access to his auction.Moreau: Either you're an asset or a liability. I like you, Atherton. Be an asset.
- Let Us Never Speak of This Again: Played for drama when Eliot asks Nate not to tell the others about his shootout with Moreau's thugs. Nate pretends not to know what he's talking about.
- Made of Explodium: Parker seems to think the world is like this. She asks Yasmine if her battery is capable of blowing up.
- The Reveal: Eliot used to work for Damien Moreau, who has been the crew's target all season. Previous episodes contained hints about the dangerous lifestyle Eliot lived prior to the beginning of the series, but this is the episode which makes it clear that he's done some really terrible things which cannot be justified by any greater good.
- This Is Gonna Suck:
- Eliot looking at a warehouse full of Moreau's thugs, all packing guns.
- Hardison has a small one when he realizes how to destroy the bomb will really suck for him.
- Would Hurt a Child: Moreau's dragon seemed putout that they wouldn't be killing Atherton and his whole family and states this is their usual action when dealing with now useless assets.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Moreau decides Atherton has become a liability to him.