In an attempt to salvage the finances of people who have been duped by con men claiming to be from IRS agents, the team ends up going against a well armed group of woodsmen who are funded by a crooked banker (Clancy Brown).
- Chained Heat: Eliot and Hardison spend much of the episode handcuffed together. Since they're Salt and Pepper, this is likely a Shout-Out to The Defiant Ones.
- Cutting the Knot: After their cover is blown, Nate, Parker, and Sophie don't have the time or equipment to hack the security system and make an exit. Nate just yanks the fire alarm, letting them walk out with the crowd.
- Drives Like Crazy: Parker hits 140. In a sedan. Sophie shakily tells her never to get behind the wheel of a car ever again.
- Foreshadowing: Early in the episode, while posing as IRS agents for their visit to the mark's bank, Eliot and Hardison use the aliases "Brody" and "Quint." These are the surnames of two of the main characters of Jaws, and an early hint that Eliot's plans for a fishing trip are not going to end well.
- Hollywood New England: The episode averts the idea that Western Massachusetts doesn't exist by having Nate, Sophie, and Parker re-route a train on its way to Fitchburg, a city in North Central Mass.
- Minor Crime Reveals Major Plot: The group goes after a guy running a fake IRS scam. They wind up foiling a major homegrown terrorist plot and taking down an anti-government militia.
- Noodle Incident: Played darkly when Eliot states that he's "done this before" - "this" being escaping through the wilderness from people trying to kill him while handcuffed to another person.Hardison: This, right here? I—in the woods, handcuffed to a man?
Eliot: Yes, I have, okay? It was easier last time, though.
Eliot: 'Cause he was already dead.
- After forcing Hardison to his knees, a militiaman tries to do the same to Eliot. Eliot does not budge.
- Later in the episode, militia leader Chester punches Eliot in the face. He hurts his hand more than he hurts Eliot, who remains unfazed.
- Right-Wing Militia Fanatic: The villains of the episode.
- Talk to the Fist: The mook that is about to shoot Eliot and Hardison when they're going for the train gloats about how their militia can't be stopped, that they get new recruits every day. Then Hardison and Eliot both kick him in the face.