Recap: Justice League S 2 E 23 Comfort And Joy
- An Ass Kicking Christmas: Green Lantern and Hawkgirl spend their holiday in an alien bar, asskicking.
- Bar Brawl: Hawkgirl loves these, as seen with her idea of a "celebration."
- Breather Episode: this episode is the only oneshot in a series of two- and three-parters, and would be immediately followed by the Season Finale.
- Cats Are Mean: Streaky hisses at J'onn on sight. Averted in the end, though.
- Children Are Innocent: The Ultra-Humanite is contemptuous of humanity in general, but thinks that children have not yet been corrupted into their elders' shallowness. This motivates him to fix the orphans' toy (and modify it to tell the story of The Nutcracker in place of its usual litany of hip-hop music and rude noises).
- Christmas Episode
- Enemy Mine/Merry Christmas in Gotham: The Ultra-Humanite agrees to a Christmas truce with Flash in order to fix the toy for the orphans.
- Genre Savvy: The Kents really do wrap Clark's presents in lead.
- Heroic BSOD: Flash feels so bad about the orphans' toy being broken that he says he wouldn't care if Ultra-Humanite shot him.
- Hidden Depths: Flash spends his Christmas visiting Central City orphans and getting them a desired present. He has been doing this for some time.
- Hope Spot: Flash has trouble finding the popular present, but gets the last one at the company. Then it gets broken during a fight with the Ultra-Humanite.
- Mythology Gag: For the first time in the series, J'onn takes on his John Jones alias from the comics.
- Not so Above It All: Superman's really looking forward to Christmas.
- OOC Is Serious Business: Of a sort. J'onn has never seen Superman just be Clark and finds the difference striking.
- The same could be said of John. He happily makes a snowman and a snow angel, asking Shayera with child-like glee if she noticed his wings.
- One Of These Things Is Not Like The Others: Many mediums involving Superman have dogs on the Kent Farm. This one on the other hand has a cat.
- Pet the Dog: Flash's words move the Ultra-Humanite to fix the toy and give it some welcomed improvements.
- Seen It All: The Kents come across as a bit jaded when they say that they're not strangers to aliens in the house.
- Snowball Fight: John and Shayera get into a superpowered vision.
- Unwitting Pawn: Hawkgirl starts the Bar Brawl by smashing a rather large patron's hand with her mace. She then hands her mace to a clueless Green Lantern and points to him.
- Written-In Absence: Batman is on monitor duty, which Superman says he practically begged for.
- Kara's absence is explained by her being off skiing with Barbara Gordon.