Recap: Justice League S 2 E 23 Comfort And Joy
- An Ass Kicking Christmas: Green Lantern and Hawkgirl spend their holiday in an alien bar, asskicking.
- Bar Brawl: Hawkgirl loves these, as seen with her idea of a "celebration."
- Cats Are Mean: Streaky hisses at J'onn on sight. Averted in the end, though.
- Christmas Episode
- Enemy Mine: The Ultra-Humanite agrees to a Christmas truce with Flash in order to fix the toy for the orphans.
- Genre Savvy: The Kents really do wrap Clark's presents in lead.
- Heroic BSOD: Flash feels so bad about the orphans' toy being broken that he says he wouldn't care if Ultra-Humanite shot him.
- Hidden Depths: Flash spends his Christmas visiting Central City orphans and getting them a desired present. He has been doing this for some time.
- Hope Spot: Flash has trouble finding the popular present, but gets the last one at the company. Then it gets broken during a fight with the Ultra-Humanite.
- Mythology Gag: For the first time in the series, J'onn takes on his John Jones alias from the comics.
- OOC Is Serious Business: Of a sort. J'onn has never seen Superman just be Clark and finds the difference striking.
- Pet the Dog: Flash's words move the Ultra-Humanite to fix the toy and give it some welcomed improvements.
- Seen It All: The Kents come across as a bit jaded when they say that they're not strangers to aliens in the house.
- Unwitting Pawn: Hawkgirl starts the Bar Brawl by smashing a rather large patron's hand with her mace. She then hands her mace to a clueless Green Lantern and points to him.
- Written-In Absence: Batman is on monitor duty, which Superman says he practically begged for.
- Kara's absence is explained by her being off skiing with Barbara Gordon.