Recap: Johnny Storm And The Potion Of Fire
A run-in with Diablo the Alchemist results in Johnny being doused in a potion, which causes his powers to increase. Unfortunately, Johnny also begins acting worse. Can the Fantastic Four save Johnny, or will the team lose one member?
This episode contains examples of the following tropes:
- Arbitrary Skepticism: Reed. He can handle equally weird things as long as they're "scientific", but he won't accept anything "magic."
- Blatant Lies: "It was all scientifically explained."
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Johnny.
- Evil Old Folks: Diablo. Downplayed a bit because he doesn't show his age till the end of the episode.
Johnny: Yes! We beat up an old man!
- "I Know You're in There Somewhere" Fight: both played straight when Susan says, "Johnny, this isn't you" and subverted.
- Intrinsic Vow: Johnny's love for his sister operates like this. It ends up being what allows him to shake the fire entity.
- I Warned You
Ben: I don't wanna say I told you so...but I told you so.
- Is That the Best You Can Do?: Johnny to Susan, after she thinks she may have hurt him.
- Magic Versus Science: Diablo vs. Reed.
- OOC Is Serious Business: Reed, Susan, and Ben are startled when Johnny actually apologizes and thanks them for saving him.
- The Power of Family: Johnny is able to exorcise the fire-monster-potion after it tries to make him kill Susan.
- Please Wake Up: Johnny to Susan after ousting the fire potion-spirit.
- Really 700 Years Old: Diablo.
- This Is the Part Where...: Johnny.
Johnny: Let me guess. This is the part where you try and talk some sense into me.Susan: Wrong.
- Unfinished, Untested, Used Anyway: Reed's neutralizer.
- What Kind of Lame Power Is Heart, Anyway?: Johnny lampshades the fact that Susan used to only be able to turn invisible.