Lois' sister, Carol (last seen on "Emission Impossible" and last mentioned on "Boys Do Cry"), comes to live with the Griffins after getting divorced yet again, and falls for Mayor West.
* [[invoked]]DudeNotFunny: Robert Loggia appears in a live-action cutaway after the show makes an AIDS/aides joke.
* HappilyMarried: Carol and Mayor West
* JerkassHasAPoint: Lois did point out that Carol got married nine times and always ended in divorce. Carol would fall for guys quickly and married them. Indeed Carol was implied to be unfaithful to Mayor West less than a season later.
* MyGodWhatHaveIDone: Lois when she realizes she's turned her back on Carol after all she did for her.
* ShoutOut: Creator/HannaBarbera character Doggie Daddy is revealed to be one of Carol's previous husbands.
** Peter packing away toys and cans of tuna is a reference to ''ComicStrip/CalvinAndHobbes''
** The family watches a Peter-season episode of ''Series/FamilyTies'' where Jennifer goes through puberty and is depicted as a buffalo. Michael Gross and Meredith Baxter reprise their roles for that scene.
* WhatTheHellHero: Peter chews out Lois for wanting to sabotage Carol's relationship with Mayor West when their own relationship was doubted.
-->'''Peter:''' Nobody believed we'd make it and look at us now. I drink and you use sex as a weapon. That seems to me like a successful New England marriage.