Lois' sister, Carol (last seen on "Emission Impossible" and last mentioned on "Boys Do Cry"), comes to live with the Griffins after getting divorced yet again, and falls for Mayor West.
* [[invoked]]DudeNotFunny: Robert Loggia appears in a live-action cutaway after the show makes an AIDS/aides joke.
* HappilyMarried: Carol and Mayor West
* JerkassHasAPoint: Lois did point out that Carol got married nine times and always ended in divorce. Carol would fall for guys quickly and married them.
* MyGodWhatHaveIDone: Lois when she realizes she's turned her back on Carol after all she did for her.
* ShoutOut: Creator/HannaBarbera character Doggie Daddy is revealed to be one of Carol's previous husbands.
** Peter packing away toys and cans of tuna is a reference to ''ComicStrip/CalvinAndHobbes''
** The family watches a Peter-season episode of ''Series/FamilyTies'' where Jennifer goes through puberty and is depicted as a buffalo. Michael Gross and Meredith Baxter reprise their roles for that scene.
* WhatTheHellHero: Peter chews out Lois for wanting to sabotage Carol's relationship with Mayor West when their own relationship was doubted.
-->'''Peter:''' Nobody believed we'd make it and look at us now. I drink and you use sex as a weapon. That seems to me like a successful New England marriage.