Recap: Family Guy S 7 E 8 Family Gay
March 8, 2009
While on his way to buy groceries, Peter buys a brain-damaged horse instead, which not only creeps everyone out but also causes $100,000 worth of damage when Peter enters it in a race and it goes on a rampage. Though the horse ends up dying of a fatal heart attack and Peter disposes of the body by flinging it into Mort Goldman's Pharmacy, the Griffins are in debt for initial damages. To make money, Peter works as a test subject for medical experiments, being injected with various genes to see their effects; these include the squirrel gene, the Seth Rogen gene (with Rogen himself providing the voice of the transformed Peter), and the gay gene, which turns Peter into a flamboyant homosexual
"Family Gay" contains examples of (YMMV goes here):
- All Gays Are Promiscuous: Peter's partner Scott presents him with a 10-man orgy shortly before the gay gene wears off.
- Actor Allusion: In the long list of horses named after cancelled FOX shows, one of them is named The Winner, which was produced by Seth MacFarlane.
- Ambiguously Gay: Peter, temporarily after getting injected with the gay gene.
- Stewie too, as he mentions he had the Straight Camp brochure with him for over a year.
- Brick Joke: Peter sends the horse to Mort after it dies. Mort gives it back to them at the very end.
- Broken Aesop: Peter agreed to take a gene to turn himself gay. The lesson presented in this episode is that you can't change your sexuality. Note the disconnect.
- Camp Gay: Peter after injected with the gene.