Recap / Family Guy S 4 E 1 North By North Quahog
In the first episode of the series after being Un-Canceled
for good, Lois and Peter take a trip to rekindle their waning romance — and end up on the run from Mel Gibson, who is plotting to make a sequel to his controversial religious movie, Passion of the Christ
. Meanwhile, Brian and Stewie are put in charge of disciplining Meg and Chris.
"North By North Quahog" contains examples of:
- Disney Villain Death: Mel Gibson.
- Epic Fail: Peter forgetting how to sit down.
- Freudian Slip: When Brian meets with Tom Tucker about Jake, his upside down faced son, giving Chris alcohol at school:
Brian: This whole situation has just turned his whole life upside-down face.
(Stewie slowly turns and glares at Brian)
- Long List: The Cold Open shows Peter sadly telling the rest of the family that their show has been canceled to make room for more important shows, proceeding to list several short-lived Fox shows which had come and went since Family Guy had gone out of production, including That '80s Shownote , The Pitts, Cedric the Entertainer Presents, Titus, Undeclared, Firefly, Dark Angel, Greg the Bunny, The Tick, Wanda At Large, Andy Richter Controls The Universe and Action. He concludes that their show only has a chance to come back in the unlikely event that all of these shows go down the tubes.
- Take That: When Meg asks Chris to turn the channel to The George Lopez Show, Chris says the show perpetuates the stereotype that George Lopez is funny.
- Uncanceled: Amazingly, the second time this happened to the series, and this time it was for good.
- Was Too Hard on Him: Stewie asks Brian this when he spanks Chris after catching him with vodka, despite that Chris was framed by a student.
Stewie: Do you think we were too hard on Chris tonight?
Brian: What? Oh, God. No, no. I don't...I don't think so. Do you?
Stewie: Oh, no, I just always feel badly when we have to be strict.