Recap / Family Guy S 4 E 1 North By North Quahog
In this, the new series premiere of the show, Lois and Peter take a trip to rekindle their waning romance — and end up on the run from Mel Gibson, who is plotting to make a sequel to his controversial religious movie, Passion of the Christ
. Meanwhile, Brian and Stewie are put in charge of disciplining Meg and Chris.
"North By North Quahog" contains examples of:
- Disney Villain Death: Mel Gibson.
- Epic Fail: Peter forgetting how to sit down.
- Freudian Slip: When Brian meets with Tom Tucker about Jake, his upside down faced son, giving Chris alcohol at school:
Brian: This whole situation has just turned his whole life upside-down face.
(Stewie slowly turns and glares at Brian)
- Long List: The list of canceled shows that came on around the same time as or after Family Guy was canceled from 2002 to 2005 (a lot of which were mediocre to awful shows that were canned for low ratings and negative reviews, like That '80s Shownote , The Pitts, and Cedric the Entertainer Presents. Some, like Titus, Undeclared, all of Joss Whedon's shows (Firefly and Dark Angel), Greg the Bunny, The Tick, Wanda At Large, and Action were fairly good shows that merely got Screwed by the Network due to timeslot changes, Executive Meddling, or FOX not advertising the show enough for people to take interest).
- Take That: When Meg asks Chris to turn the channel to The George Lopez Show, Chris says the show perpetuates the stereotype that George Lopez is funny.
- Uncanceled: The beginning of the episode.
- Was Too Hard on Him: Stewie asks Brian this when he spanks Chris after catching him with vodka, despite that Chris was framed by a student.
Stewie: Do you think we were too hard on Chris tonight?
Brian: What? Oh, God. No, no. I don't...I don't think so. Do you?
Stewie: Oh, no, I just always feel badly when we have to be strict.