Recap / Family Guy S 4 E 12 Perfect Castaway
Peter and the are caught in a hurricane while fishing in Peter's boat and get stranded on a deserted island. When Peter finally manages to return home months later, he finds that Lois is remarried — to Brian!
- Everybody Laughs Ending: The episode ends with the Griffin's laughing when Brian makes the I'll Be in My Bunk joke below. Stewie then asks them what exactly was the joke.
- Face Doodling: After Quagmire passes out from drinking too much, Peter and the guys decide to write on him. In the next scene, Quagmire wakes up with the world "Penus" written on his chin.
- I Never: Peter and the guys play this game while on the boat. Quagmire ends up getting smashed when the guys try to think of increasingly ridiculous sexual scenarios.
Peter: God, let's see, what else is there? Um...I never gave a reach-around to a spider monkey while reciting the Pledge of Allegiance.
Quagmire: Oh, God! (takes a drink)
- I'll Be in My Bunk: Brian does this twice when Lois denies him sex due to remaining faithful to Peter.
Brian: I'll be in the basement.
Lois: Doing what?
Brian: What do you think?
- I'm a Humanitarian: While the guys are sailing hungry on a bed of inflatable sex dolls, Peter resorts to eating Joe's crippled legs.
- Interspecies Romance: Lois married Brian, a dog, when she thinks Peter is dead. She's not willing to get intimate with him though.
- Primal Scene: Stewie walks in on Peter and Lois having sex in the living room, causing him to repeatedly scream loudly (and unintentionally entice Mayor West into a shouting match).
- Sexless Marriage: Despite remarrying, Lois is reluctant to have sex with Brian despite him pressuring her to do so. At the end of the episode, Lois rubs it in Brian's face that she would have given in had Peter not come home.
- A fake clip from Gilmore Girls parodies the show's witty, fast-paced dialogue exchanges by having the characters talk fast to the point of unintelligible.
- The scene of Peter's boat capsizing parodies The Perfect Storm.
- Peter trying to catch a fish on the island and forlornly opening a locket with Captain Caveman inside parodies a scene from Cast Away.
- The cutaway of Peter out-farting Michael Moore parodies the "dueling banjos" scene from Deliverance.
- Take That!
- One cutaway has Peter on a game show called Bobcat or Bjork? where Peter has to listen to whether a blabbing sound is that of Bobcat Goldthwait or Björk's. Peter guesses Bobcat, but it's actually Björk's (the joke is that it actually sounds closer to Bobcat).
- When Brian comes home to find that Peter has come back, Chris comments that it's like "the show about the two dads, except no one's laughing" before correcting himself "Oh, wait, it's the same."