Recap: Family Guy S 3 E 3 Mr Griffin Goes To Washington
Original air date: July 25, 2001
This episode contains examples of:
- Analogy Backfire: Chris: "I'm so hungry, I could ride a horse. (Beat) I don't get it. I could ride it to the store, I guess..."
- And Knowing Is Half the Battle: At the end of the episode, Peter addresses the audience with his family. You think he's going to say how smoking is bad, but...Peter: Hi, I'm Peter Griffin. You know, we've had a lot of laughs tonight. But I'll tell you what's not funny: Killing strippers. Strippers are people, too. Naked people who may be willing to pleasure you for a price you negotiate later. Besides, there's no need to kill 'em, because most of them are already dead inside. Good night, everyone.
- Anti-Humor: What Peter considers Dilbert:Wally: Hey Dilbert, what do you call it when a guy in middle management moves to upper management?
Dilbert: I don't know. What do you call it?
Wally: A promotion.
Dilbert: Oh, thanks. Here's a memo.
- As the Good Book Says: Brian reads John 3:16 from the Bible: "And the Lord said: "Go Socks!"."
- Bad Liar: Peter does this three times:
- When calling in sick, he says, "I was in a terrible plane crash. My entire family was killed and I am a vegetable. I'll see you tomorrow."
- Later, when Peter bumps into Mr. Weed at the ball game: "That plane crash I told you about, it turned out to be gas."
- Finally, at work the next day: "I heard you ran into my identical twin brother at the ball game yesterday. If you don't buy that, I'm sorry I was at the ball game yesterday."
- Bait and Switch: "Cigarettes killed my father... and raped my mother!"
- Evil Inc.: What it turns out the new bosses of Happy Go Lucky Toy Factory are. The boss even shoots puppies just for fun.
- Insane Troll Logic: When one of the senators accidentally kills a hooker:Peter: This girl didn't have a family. It'll be like she never existed. Grab ahold of yourself. You may have killed her when you shoved all those dollar bills down her throat. You may have killed her when you hit her with the stool. I don't know, I'm not a doctor. But I'll tell you what didn't kill her: Smoking.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Kenneth, the bad-ass mail clerk with a heart of gold.Peter: Hi, Kenneth. Did I get any mail?
Kenneth: No! And if you come any closer, I'll slice ya!
Peter: Okay, okay. (to co-worker) Man, what a badass.
Co-worker: Yeah? Well that "badass" just gave half his paycheck to orphans. Orphans with diseases.
(heartwarming music plays as Peter nods appreciatively)
- Medium Blending:Peter: This is the best job I ever had! Since I became president, profits have been higher than Alyssa Milano.
(cut to live action footage of Alyssa Milano watching Family Guy)
Alyssa: What kind of cheap shot?! Joel!
Joel: I'm suing. I'm suing. I'm on it. I'm on it.
- Noodle Incident: Though it's pretty easy to tell what they're referring to.Chris: Dad, what's the blowhole for?
Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
- Professional Butt-Kisser: When Peter becomes boss of El Dorado Cigarettes, he gets his own company suck-up:Guy: Morning. Nice day.
Peter: It's a little cloudy.
Guy: It's absolutely cloudy! One of the worst days I've seen in years. So, good news about the Yankees.
Peter: I hate the Yankees.
Guy: Pack of cheaters, that's what they are. I love your tie.
Peter: I hate this tie.
Guy: It's awful, it's gaudy, it's gotta go.
Peter: And I hate myself.
Guy: You make me sick, you fat sack of crap.
Peter: But I'm the president.
Guy: The best there is!
Peter: But you just said you hated me.
Guy: But not you, the president. The you who said you hated you. You, who love, hate, Yankees, clouds- (explodes)
- Pun: A leprechaun says: "Excuse me. Do you have a dollar? I'm a little short."
- Shout-Out: Peter re-enacts the intro to That Girl when he's chosen to be the new company president.
- Subliminal Seduction: Brian claims that TV turned a generation of kids into smokers with its subliminal advertising. Cut to a clip of Lassie:Mom: Timmy, where's Lassie?
Timmy: She's out in the orchard, Ma. Peaches are coming in mighty early this year.
(cut to a random guy interrupting the show)
Mom: You know what they say: "Early peaches, long summer".
(Lassie comes in and barks)
Timmy: What's that, Lassie?
Guy: Are ya smoking yet?!
- Take That: Brian declares out of nowhere, "I don't care for Pottery Barn."
- Too Soon: Invoked. Brian tells Peter after his bad excuse: "Face it, Peter, your excuses are lamer than FDR's legs." Peter, Chris, and Meg gasp; Brian dryly replies, "Too soon?"
- You Have to Have Jews: Peter wants Jewish writers to give him witty lines.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.