Recap: Family Guy S 1 E 4 Mind Over Murder
Airdate: April 25, 1999
Peter is put under house arrest after punching a fat, sarcastic man who insults him — who turns out to be a pregnant, mannish-looking woman who goes into labor from being assaulted. To curb his boredom, Peter builds a bar in the basement, and Lois becomes the star attraction with her racy lounge singing. Meanwhile, Stewie builds a time machine so he can bypass his teething stage.
"Mind Over Murder" contains example of (YMMV goes here):
- Backhanded Apology: The heckling fan gives a particularly callous one after Peter demands (s)he apologize for jeering Chris. Peter responds with a knock out punch.
- The Chanteuse: Invoked. Peter decides to make Lois this for his bar to keep her from shutting it down, only to have her become the star attraction.
- House Fire: A carelessly discarded cigarette ignites a fire that traps Peter and Lois in the basement. Fortunately, Stewie accidentally reverses time via his time machine to (unwittingly) save his parents' lives. It is also instrumental in expunging Peter's assault conviction, as in the "new present" he injures himself before having to take Chris to the soccer game, thus avoiding the confrontation in the first place.
- It's All About Me: Peter spends the episode infuriating Lois with his selfish attitude.
- Lady Looks Like a Dude: The pregnant woman that Peter punches.
- Mama Bear: Lois was already in a bad mood with Peter over the bar, she is livid when she finds out he's got Stewie drunk.
- Ms. Fanservice: Lois, to Peter's dismay.
- Papa Wolf: Zigzagged. Peter demands an apology from the audience member jeering Chris, but slapping the beer out of his hands is what seems to really tip him off the edge.
- Reset Button: How the episode ends.
- Unsettling Gender Reveal: The loud-mouthed, sarcastic fat man Peter punched in the face is actually a woman who is nine months pregnant.