- Back to Front: The majority of the episode's gags depending on seeing the result before the cause is shown.
- Dumbass Has a Point: At the end of the episode, Chris comments that he heard Stewie (who had just been re-born) was talking. Lois writes it off as ridiculous.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: By messing around with Stewie's time machine, Brian ends up causing the flow of time to reverse, with him and Stewie being the only ones aware.
- Oh, No... Not Again!: Brain and Stewie's reaction to ending up back at the infamous ipecac incident from "8 Simple Rules For Buying My Teenage Daughter", only this time, it ends up going back into them.
- Oh, the Humanity!
- Rewind Gag: The entire point of this episode. "WE ATE SO MUCH VOMIT!!", sex in reverse, the chicken fight goes backwards, Stewie having his diaper unchanged...Stewie: Oh God, that all just went back into me!
- Sound Effects Bleep: Stewie gets one when he upchucks over eating vomit, only for reverse time to send right back in.
- Stable Time Loop: Stewie got his name because Brian went back in time.
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot: Inverted, Played Straight, and then Inverted again. "WE ATE SO MUCH VOMIT!!"