January 29, 2012
Stewie befriends a boy named Scotty who has a treatable form of cancer, but his parents are standing in the way of his getting well as they're Christian Scientists (not Scientologists, as Peter implies) and don't believe in doctors or medicine. It's up to Lois to get Scotty the treatment he needs.
"Livin' On A Prayer" contains examples of (YMMV goes here):
- Attention Whore: Lois, according to Chris and Meg.
- Bowdlerization: Some lines and scenes have been cut between the TV version and the DVD version:
- Peter confusing Christian Science with Scientology: His line on TV is "Isn't that [Christian Science] that religion all them gaybo Hollywood actors follow to keep stuff away from men's butts?" On DVD, it's "Isn't that [Christian Science] that religion all them homo Hollywood actors follow to keep stuff out of men's butts?"
- Peter on Jeopardy: When he loses, he says on the TV version: "Well, (bleep) me in the (bleep) with a big, black (bleep)!" On DVD, the line is completely changed to, "Well, doesn't that suck a big, black cock?" (It would have been easy to just unbleep the original line, as the missing words are "fuck," "ass", and "cock," but that most likely would have been too predictable)
- Everyone Has Standards (or Even Evil Has Standards) and Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Lois may be a jerk to her kids and husband in recent episodes, but she shows genuine concern for Scotty's well being.
- Shout-Out: "Hey, everybody! We're all gonna get laid!"