- Awesome, but Impractical: Edd's fancier gadgets are still in development so while he did make a jetpack out of fire extinguishers, there's still the problem with foam filling the user's pants.
- Cross Dressing: Double D goes undercover as Nazz. He's disturbingly convincing.
- Everyone Has Standards: Kevin is usually mean to Jimmy, bullying him the same way he would The Eds, but once Jimmy runs off crying on his birthday Kevin is angry at The Eds for ruining his special day.
- Evil Laugh: Jonny ends the episode with one, laughing as he's the last character to blockout the screen as the kids prepare to beat up The Eds.
- Greed: The real reason why no one checks out Eddy's garage sale is because of this, with Eddy askings insane prices for all of his items while Kevin is selling his stuff at much more reasonable prices, if not letting the kids take his stuff for pocket change.
- Incredibly Obvious Bug: Ed "hides" the camera by placing a single twig on it. Kevin doesn't even take two steps out his door before seeing it.
- Mistaken from Behind: Done twice. First, Eddy tries to hit on Nazz at the party, only for it to turn out to be Edd in disguise. A minute later, Eddy tries to stuff a piece of cake down Edd's pants, only to find it was Nazz, who decks him in response.
- Motor Mouth: Eddy briefly becomes one when he taunts the kids on how they'll never catch them, much to Rolf's amusement.Eddy: Good luck catching us, as we'll be invisible to the naked eye with this baking-powder vapor barrier! A shroud, one might say.
Rolf: (smiling, amused) You said a mouthful.
- Noodle Incident: After Jimmy runs off crying, Kevin says The Eds wrecked another party. Apparently this isn't the first party they've ruined.
- Not So Above It All: Double D is the one to kickstart the scheme this time around, when his intelligence is insulted by the implication that Kevin knows more than him.
- Self-Fulfilling Prophecy: The Eds weren't invited to Jimmy's Birthday Party out of fear they'd ruin it, only for them to end up ruining it because they weren't told about it and mistook it for a spy meeting.
- Smoke Out: Edd made a jawbreaker sized (which in this series means about a foot and a half wide) ball of baking soda to act as one but when Eddy uses it at the end all it does is coat the house in white powder and knocks the Eds off their feet, nullifying any avenue for escape.
- Spy Speak: Parodied. The Eds mistake one of Rolf's typical weird statements for a coded message and when Eddy speaks to Rolf in spy speak later Rolf thinks he's discussing politics.
- Weirdness Coupon: Ed's disguise as a bird bath is ludicrous but no one gets suspicious because he's Ed.
Recap / Ed Edd N Eddy S 2 E 9 In Like Ed
After getting suspicious of Kevin's success at garage sale day the Eds begin spying on him and soon discover the rest of the cast having a "secret meeting". The usual antics ensue when they try to infiltrate.