Recap / Ed Eddn Eddy S 2 E 3 Knock Knock Whos Ed
The Eds are getting excited because a monster movie marathon is about to start. Unfortunately, they are in Ed's house at the time and are kicked out by Sarah before they can even start. As such, they spend the rest of the episode trying to find another house in which to watch the marathon (ignoring Edd and Eddy's houses, since that would "ruin the plot,"
according to Eddy). Once they finally settle on Rolf's house, they have to make due with their host's incredibly tiny TV screen.
Knock Knock Who Ed provides the following tropes:
- Air-Vent Passageway: The Eds escape Rolf's monotonous storytelling by crawling through one of these from his bathroom to the television set.
- Artistic License – Biology: Ed's injuries include something Edd rightfully corrects him on.
Ed: Ow! My liver...Ow! My lasagna...
Edd: Ed! Lasagna isn't a major organ!
Ed: It isn't?
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: When Edd points out that they can always go to his or Eddy's place, Eddy replies, "What? And ruin the plot?"
- Could Have Avoided This Plot: Double D points out how they could easily just go to one of their houses to watch the marathon. Eddy acknowledges this, but points out how doing such would ruin the plot of the episode.
- Creepy Doll: Ed accidentally turns their Trojan Horse doll into this.
Jimmy: Ahh! Sarah! Bogeyman!
- Hypocrite: Sarah yells at Ed to get out of the kitchen because she has a guest. Except Ed has guests too.
- Karma Houdini: Sarah. She kicks her own brother and his friends out of the house just because she can, and she never gets any retribution for it.
- Serious Business: Ed will watch his monster movie marathon, and his friends will watch it when him. When they try to leave after seeing Rolf's tiny TV, he gives them a dagger-shooting glare and forces them back onto the couch.
- Special Effects Failure: In-Universe. Edd comments that even on a tiny TV screen, the production values look particularly cheap.