Recap / Ed Edd N Eddy S 1 E 24 Flea Bitten Ed
In this episode, the Eds' latest scam is "Ed's Pet Boutick", a pet-grooming service based out of Eddy's garage. Rolf is naturally their first customer, as the Eds assume that all of his farmyard animals are in desperate need of a cleaning. Rolf obliges, and the Eds (well, Ed and Edd; Eddy doesn't really do any work.) have the task of grooming all of Rolf's chickens, rabbits, pigs, goats and even his cow.
It all seems to be going smoothly until it is discovered that Ed is horribly allergic to rabbits, and the rest of the episode is spent trying to treat Ed's untimely carcinogens. All while this is happening, Rolf's rabbit's are rapidly multiplying, and by the end of the episode, they have overpopulated almost the entire surface area of the cul-de-sac.
- A Dog Named "Dog": Two of Rolf's rabbits are referred to as "Mr & Mrs Bunny".
- Bitter Sweet Ending: The Cul-De-Sac is overrun by rabbits, forcing the kids up onto their rooftops, but it's also one of the few episodes where the Eds are at least able to relax at the end of the day watching TV instead of having to face Disproportionate Retribution from the Cul-De-Sack kids. Ed is also finally over his allergies.
- Body Horror: Ed's bodily reaction to the rabbits involve his body being covered in unsightly purple sores, and ballooning to impossible proportions.
- Completely Missing the Point: Ed when Eddy discovers that Ed has put the store sign on upside-down.
- Eddy: "Ed, you put the sign on upside down!"
- Ed: "No, I put the sign on the garage!"
- Punny Name: The grooming service is referred to as "Ed's Pet Boutick" which is a play on the words "boutique" and "tick".
- Unusual Euphemism: When the Eds discover that Eddy's garage is about to burst with young rabbits:
- Edd: "Hmm, it seems like Mr & Mrs Bunny have been practicing their multiplication tables!"