Recap / Ed Edd N Eddy S 1 E 20 Its Way Ed
Fad Freaky Rules!!!
The twentieth episode of season 1. Fads have hit the Cul-de-Sac full force with the Eds desperately trying (and failing) to keep up. With their efforts in vain, Eddy decides it best to beat them to the punch by creating his own fad.
This episode contains the following tropes:
- Ambiguous Innocence: Possibly in regards to the Cul-de-Sac kids. Given how quickly they change fads when the Eds leave, and how they intentionally get into Eddy's Forced Meme Fad Freaking fad after the Eds give up on it, it's not entirely clear throughout the episode whether or not the kids are just following the latest fad or creating/pretending to be into a bunch of different fads to mess with the Eds.
- Big "SHUT UP!": In the wake of the Fad Freaky fad becoming old news, this is what Eddy says to Ed when the latter announces that he's hungry.
- Flash In The Pan Fad: Exaggerated, with the kids taking up a new one every few minutes. When they finally pick up Eddy's Fad Freaky fad, in the few seconds it takes the Eds to take it up again they have already gone to the next fad.
- Forced Meme: Eddy attempts this with his Fad Freaky fad. In a rare case, this actually works! ... After the Eds themselves finally gave up on it.
- Gave Up Too Soon: No sooner do the Eds get out of their Fad Freaky outfits than all the kids are wearing the same uniform.
- Oh, No... Not Again!: This is Eddy's reaction when he sees that the kids have moved past the Fad Freaky fad, meaning that the Eds are behind again.
- Ring Ring Crunch: When his alarm clock rings, Eddy smashes it before throwing it onto a pile of other smashed alarms clocks.
- Trend Aesop: Although not entirely up front, it does contain one about how trying to keep up with the latest fad can only cause nothing but pain and headaches.