Recap: Due South S 1 E 12 Hawk And A Handsaw
Fraser goes undercover in a mental hospital to investigate a suspicious murder.
Contains Examples of:
- Beard of Sorrow: Fraser mentions that after his mother died, his father stopped shaving for some time.
- Crazy-Prepared: Fraser keeps the buckle of his hat strap sharpened in case he ever needs to breakout of a sealed padded room.
- To be fair, he was going into a nuthouse, which might very well have included a visit to the padded party room; having a sharp object would be a good idea, and the hat buckle's just the most convenient option available.
- Dynamic Entry: Fraser's pulls off one of these to stop the corrupt Doctor jumping off a ledge.
- Have You Told Anyone Else?: Ray really should have told someone what he was up to, and not admitted he hadn't.
- Idiot Ball: The hospital staff evidently didn't think to search a mental patient to make sure he wasn't concealing any sharp objects.
- Reality Ensues: The hospital staff aren't all in on the plot. When the two people in charge are trying to apprehend Fraser and Ray during the climax, a nurse notices the commotion and does exactly what anyone would do in that situation: She calls the Police.
- Sarcastic Confession: Fraser gets himself committed to the mental hospital by showing up in full dress uniform and explaining exactly why he's working in Chicago, Lampshading the show's admittedly silly High Concept.