April: The Doctor leaves a voicemail for Amy and Rory's home phone. So far, he escaped from the Sontarans through surfing on lava, met Mata Hari, and made a rap record. The call ends with the Doctor having the usual TARDIS issues.Then Rory and Amy have a drink like they're playing some kind of drinking game with their voicemail...May: The Doctor drops in on Amy and Rory asleep in bed. The Doctor tells them that the planet is in danger, but apparently he got them at the wrong time. Then the Doctor tells them that the future is really safe. Really, really safe.June: Rory is about to go to the bathroom but finds something inside there. After a double take, Amy walks in to the hallway. The two of them look inside. It's an Ood!July: The Ood continues to live with Amy and Rory as their butler. The Doctor promises he'll come pick it up eventually, but first he has to deal with the TARDIS about to implode.August: The Doctor calls the Ponds to say he picked up the Ood and that he popped round for a visit, but they weren't home. He tells them to call him if they need him, but ends up deleting the message right before Amy comes back to an empty house. Flashback to Rory leaving in anger after the couple had a big argument.
- Alternative Hip Hop: The Doctor apparently made a rap record. No, really!
- Between My Legs: Mata Hari
- Blatant Lies: After making a big show of running in on Amy and Rory in bed (again) to tell them that the Earth is in danger, the Doctor almost immediately rescinds his comment on finding out that he came too early, and says that the future is safe. Really, really safe.
- Continuity Nod: Sharp-eared viewers will hear the Doctor mention the Androvax Conflict. Whether they're referring to the same Androvax from The Sarah Jane Adventures or simply recycling the name is unclear.
- Drinking Game: Rory and Amy seem to play one whilst listening what the Doctor's been up to...
- Flashback: The reason for the Mood Whiplash is related to one. The reason for it is revealed in the first episode of Series 7.
- Literal Metaphor: The Doctor once mentions that he'll be at the couple's place any day. Literally any day.
- Mood Whiplash: "August" has a big one. We now know why. Because of experimentation at Demon's Run, Amy can no longer have children. Knowing as she does how much Rory wants them...
- No Sense of Personal Space: The Doctor walks in on Amy and Rory in bed, then sits down on the bed.
- Noodle Incident: Apparently the Doctor has walked in on Amy and Rory before. He also may have accidentally invented pasta.
- Pretty Fly for a White Guy: Or for a Time Lord. Again, rapping Doctor.
- Slice of Life: A rare Doctor Who example.
- Something Else Also Rises: The Doctor's bread as he watches Mata Hari's Dress Hits Floor.
- The Thing That Would Not Leave: The Ood that briefly ends up living with Amy and Rory.
- Visual Pun: Faced with a nude Mata Hari while toasting a bread product, the Doctor can't take his eyes off the crumpet.
- Wham Episode: "August"