Recap / Digimon Xros Wars E 4 Island Zone An Upheaval
Nene explains that the object that appeared before Taiki is a Code Crown, which grants him control of the Green Zone, and the Code Crowns were split up along with the Zones when the Digital World was broken up. Nene also states that whoever obtains all of the Code Crowns can remake the Digital World. Using the Code Crown, Taiki opens a portal to another Zone. The Digimon transfer themselves to Taiki's Xros Loader. Nene explains that this is due to Digimon not being able to survive between zones. Nene disappears and Taiki, Zenjirou and Akari enter the portal, which exits to a beach on a large island. The Digimon reappear and a cry draws everyone's attention to an elderly Archelomon being shaken down by a group of Gizamon for the Zone's Code Crown, but Archelomon seems to have no idea what they are talking about. Taiki DigiXroses Shoumon and Ballistamon into Shoutmon X2 to drive the Gizamon off. One of the Gizamon tries to counterattack, but Taiki DigiXroses Starmon and the yellow Pickmons into the Star Axe with which Shoutmon stops the attack by removing the Gizamon's spikes. Jijimon greets Archelomon, whom he knows and who remembers him after some prodding. Jijimon introduces Archelomon as the island's elder. Shoutmon asks for the Code Crown, but Archelomon says that it is difficult to get to as it is only accessible during a specific festival. The ground shakes and ChibiKamemonnote
, who was more than a little impressed by Shoutmon, offers to help them obtain a type of food called DigiNoirnote
for the festival offering.
Out at sea, the leader of the Gizamon reports their failure and Taiki's presence to Neptunemon, the Bagra Army's commander in the area. Tactimon contacts Neptunemon, confirming the Gizamon's report, and Neptunemon orders an invasion of the island. On the beach, Cutemon notices the incoming forces.
Xros Heart collects a large amount of DigiNoir and stop for lunch. ChibiKamemon asks Shoutmon how he can become stronger so that he can protect the island. Shoutmon tells him that he needs courage and friends. A Shakomon arrives to sound the alarm about Neptunemon's invasion force. Neptunemon sends a group of Hangyomonnote
to search for the Code Crown and eliminate any resistance. Shoutmon wants to attack, but Taiki refuses as the Hangyomon are only part of Neptunemon's forces and the rest would greatly outnumber Xros Heart. Neptunemon's Mantaraymon armada begins bombarding the island, so Taiki decides to sneak onto and commandeer one of the Mantaraymon ships, which Xros Heart uses to destroy the others. The forces on the island realize that the sneak attack was why they encountered no resistance on the island, but as Akari is about to wipe them out, an Octmonnote
destroys the commandeered ship and drags Xros Heart underwater. Taiki DigiXroses Shoutmon and Ballistamon into Shoutmon X2 with the Star Axe, but Octmon drags him underwater where he is unable to fight. ChibiKamemon runs off to help Xros Heart and arrives just as Octmon attempts to drown them. Taiki DigiXroses Shoutmon X2 with ChibiKamemon, allowing him to breathe underwater and create a bubble shield to save Taiki, Akari and Zenjirou. The upgraded X2 is able to block Octmon's attacks with ChibiKamemon's shell and finish the octopus Digimon off. Meanwhile, one of the Gizamon reveals to the Hangyomon forces that they have captured Archelomon while Xros Heart was away.
- Alien Sky: The Island Zone has a vaguely circuitboard-like pattern of lines in the sky. It's reflected by the ocean surface.
- Elite Mooks: Octmon is much stronger and more dangerous than Neptunemon's other minions thus far, but still goes down rather quickly once Shoutmon X2 is able to fight.
- Equippable Ally: The Rare Star Sword makes another appearance and Starmon and the yellow Pickmons form the Star Axe for Shoutmon X2.
- Evil Brit: In the dub, Neptunemon has a high-class British accent.
- Eye Catch: Starting with this episode, the opening theme is played right before the commercial break instead of at the beginning of the show, leading to there only being one eyecatch per episode. This one's a Dorulumon card.
- Fantastic Fruits and Vegetables: DigiNoir grows on trees, container and all.
- Floating in a Bubble: Shoutmon X2 is able to save Taiki, Akari and Zenjirou by putting them into a large bubble after DigiXrosing with ChibiKamemon.
- Forgetful Jones: Archelomon, full stop. It takes some prodding for him to remember Jijimon and he often forgets what he's about to say.
- I Know Mortal Kombat: Akari is able to blow the other Mantaraymon out of the water with her epic video gaming skills.
- Living Ship/Hollywood Cyborg: The Mantaraymon have been partly converted into battleships with control rooms. It's never stated exactly how aware they are, though.
- Mooks: Gizamon and Hangyomon.
- Palmtree Panic: The Island Zone is, of course, a tropical island.
- Super Not-Drowning Skills: ChibiKamemon gives Shoutmon X2 this.
- Throwing Your Axe Always Works: Shoutmon X2 throws the Star Axe to just the right spot to stop Octmon's attempt to eat him.
- Verbal Tic: "-kame" for ChibiKamemon and Archelomon, "-ko" for Shakomon.